Archived Topic

Skyler Ridley

by a1247 · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
A
a1247
Have I missed something, who is this? I haven't heard of him before nothing zip zero zilch. Anyone got some info on him that they could share?
S
scott715
All I know was that he was on the 2 deep for WR.
B
beauso79
Seriously, where'd this guy come from?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
crh55
Scout team hero. Bronco style player through and through!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
The guy was an absolute hero last night, and a throw back to the 80s style BYU receiver that runs crisp routes, catches the ball, and hangs on.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Sophmore walkon. Looked good. Hoffman's injury gave him an opportunity which improves our depth there.
G
Gunk
Guy took a beating. Good for him. He was open all night. He and Falslev had great games. Opponents will key in on Hoffman and Apo, opening things up for Ridley and Falslev.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wickchad
He appears to be molded in Cahoon's image. He caught everything thrown his way even when he was getting hung out to dry with high throws.
L
Lawboy
Funny story.



Like two years ago, my niece came home from Provo talking about some BYU Football player she dated and had the hots for. So we looked him up, had no idea who he was. They went out a few times, then he dumped her. I found out who the kid was last night.



It was Skyler Ridley.
B
blue42
he is actually a Jr and has been on the pratice squad for the last 3 years.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I didn't realize Andy Boyce still had some eligibility left.
B
BoiseBYU
He ran a down and out and had to go way up for the catch. He caught it and then just got unloaded on by the WSU back but held on. I was impressed. Remember that play?
J
jonnylingo
a1247 wrote:
Have I missed something, who is this? I haven't heard of him before nothing zip zero zilch. Anyone got some info on him that they could share?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is what we were all thinking!! :lol:
M
Mingjai
SpiffCoug wrote:
I didn't realize Andy Boyce still had some eligibility left.


That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw him!
B
BroncoBot
This kid an RM? if not is he going on a mission?
Advertisement
B
BYULV
I think it was wrubell who said he has played scout team for past three years and had hung up his cleats prior to Spring, only to give it one last shot this fall . . . And now here we are.
S
scott715
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765601328/BYU-football-Skyler-Ridley-answered-call-when-needed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Coach Cahoon prepared me well for the opening game, so when Cody (Hoffman) went down, I was confident that I could get it done," said Ridley. "I asked Coach Cahoon the night before what I should expect and he just told me that I should expect to make plays like I've always done during practice. I knew that Cody and Ross (Apo) would be the guys with the most opportunities to make plays, but I really felt that I'd have a chance to make a big play and it worked out that way."



"Tonight was really a dream come true for me," said Ridley following the WSU game. "To have a catch like that be my first career catch here at BYU — I'm just excited about how it worked out. I obviously wasn't used to catching touchdowns and really didn't know what to do after I scored the touchdown, but having my teammates run up to me and hearing the fans — it was an amazing experience that I'll never forget."
S
snoscythe
Austin Collie needs to borrow this kid's skull.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.