Archived Topic

PAC-12 Refs?!

by redneckjedi · 8/31/2012

Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
Seriously?! I thought we already had to deal with those bums on the road. Now we have to do it at home, too? I'm just glad this flag fest still has us on top by double digits.
A
a1247
These refs are giving WSU the conference team advantage! WSU wouldn't have the 6 points they do without the 45 yards of bull sh*t calls. Were screwed in 3 weeks against the U with these bums giving them the conference calls all night long. It sucks sucks sucks! :evil:
M
Mingjai
redneckjedi wrote:
Seriously?! I thought we already had to deal with those bums on the road. Now we have to do it at home, too? I'm just glad this flag fest still has us on top by double digits.


For non-conference games, common practice is for the visiting team to bring their own refs, so I was expecting this. I just hope BYU has some good refs lined up to bring to Rice Eccles...
R
redneckjedi
I get the piling on called on Sampson.

Don't get the taunt on Hadley. Retarded call.

Don't get the PI on Sampson. Receiver initiated a fist fight out there. Call a personal foul on him.

Don't get the head butt call on either Johnson or Sampson (can't remember). Again, started by WSU douchebag.

The hold on Friel was ticky-tack compared to what our line is getting.



I'm not going to say they're total homers yet. But based on past experience, it's shaping up that way.
C
craigoscarson
We got a couple calls that went our way (the holding against Ansah), but this game is 31-0 if the refs let football players play with even the slightest amount of emotion. (wazzu would have never been in position to score without those personal fouls)
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
Mingjai wrote:
Seriously?! I thought we already had to deal with those bums on the road. Now we have to do it at home, too? I'm just glad this flag fest still has us on top by double digits.


For non-conference games, common practice is for the visiting team to bring their own refs, so I was expecting this. I just hope BYU has some good refs lined up to bring to Rice Eccles...


Right, but at least until very recently, PAC-12 uses their own at home, so we've used ours at home. Hopefully, this has changed, because I do NOT want PAC-12 homers in Pullman.
R
redneckjedi
craigoscarson wrote:
We got a couple calls that went our way (the holding against Ansah), but this game is 31-0 if the refs let football players play with even the slightest amount of emotion. (wazzu would have never been in position to score without those personal fouls)


Yeah. That holding for Ansah is the reason my pitchfork is still in the garage. ;)
A
a1247
redneckjedi wrote:
redneckjedi wrote:
Seriously?! I thought we already had to deal with those bums on the road. Now we have to do it at home, too? I'm just glad this flag fest still has us on top by double digits.


For non-conference games, common practice is for the visiting team to bring their own refs, so I was expecting this. I just hope BYU has some good refs lined up to bring to Rice Eccles...


Right, but at least until very recently, PAC-12 uses their own at home, so we've used ours at home. Hopefully, this has changed, because I do NOT want PAC-12 homers in Pullman.


As far as I've ever heard PAC12 uses there own refs in every game, home and away! I sure hope im wrong.
R
redneckjedi
a1247 wrote:
Mingjai wrote:
Seriously?! I thought we already had to deal with those bums on the road. Now we have to do it at home, too? I'm just glad this flag fest still has us on top by double digits.


For non-conference games, common practice is for the visiting team to bring their own refs, so I was expecting this. I just hope BYU has some good refs lined up to bring to Rice Eccles...


Right, but at least until very recently, PAC-12 uses their own at home, so we've used ours at home. Hopefully, this has changed, because I do NOT want PAC-12 homers in Pullman.


As far as I've ever heard PAC12 uses there own refs in every game, home and away! I sure hope im wrong.


I know for sure when we were MWC we had our own at home. Thankfully. You think 59-0 happens against UCLA with PAC-12 refs?
A
a1247
on that screen pass if they didnt call that hold call I would have lost it.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
a1247 wrote:
on that screen pass if they didnt call that hold call I would have lost it.


Total mug job. They would have needed a police escort out of the stadium after the game. Good call. So far, the second half has been great. Keep it up the good work, stripes!
A
a1247
redneckjedi wrote:
on that screen pass if they didnt call that hold call I would have lost it.


Total mug job. They would have needed a police escort out of the stadium after the game. Good call. So far, the second half has been great. Keep it up the good work, stripes!


They blew it with the "throwing the ball" call. Even Matt Millian on the broadcast was shocked bye the call and then called out that these are PAC12 refs. There HORRIBLE!
T
tripwire
Did you see that delay of game for "throwing the ball"? Now they are just making stuff up.

I really, really hate to complain about the refs when we are winning 30-6, but this has been one of the worst jobs of refereeing I have seen in a while.

There have been bad calls on both sides, so I won't go so far as to say that they are homers for sure, but it does seem suspicious.
R
redneckjedi
Eh, that one's no big deal. They owed us that for Lockergate. ;)
A
a1247
redneckjedi wrote:
Eh, that one's no big deal. They owed us that for Lockergate. ;)


I think the 45 yards in personal penalties in the second quarter more than made up for it. :crazy:
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
Glad they've cleaned up the holding. I think the WSU OL is having problems with their wide splits.
K
KingCoug
Maybe this game will prepare us for the stinking PAC 10.2 refs when we play Utah. Can't give them any excuse to help their conference team.
C
CougarClaw
The only call that took points off the board were for WSU early. Yes we gave them 45 penalty yards on that drive, but that could have changed the whole nature of the game.



WSU should be mad at themselves, and then at the refs.
I
imuakahuku
redneckjedi wrote:
We got a couple calls that went our way (the holding against Ansah), but this game is 31-0 if the refs let football players play with even the slightest amount of emotion. (wazzu would have never been in position to score without those personal fouls)


Yeah. That holding for Ansah is the reason my pitchfork is still in the garage. ;)


That call on Ansah was a makeup for the previous play. But WSU still got the 3 pts thanks to the refs.

You know its bad when the announcers say "it's pac 12 refs" and stop all comments right there. What they didn't say says a lot.

And as far as I have ever seen, home games always involve home conference refs unless otherwise stipulated in the contract (which I think is now standard in most "big" conf contracts). The pac used to insist on their refs both home and away but the other "bigs" finally put their foot down and after the OK-Ore debacle the pac had no leverage.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm pretty sure I heard one call go, "Too many men attempting to tackle, on the defense. 15-yards. First down Washington St."



And I think a second penalty was, "Attempting to play defense, on BYU. 15-yards. First down Washington St."
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.