Archived Topic

BYU vs Wazzu is not available on ESPN3

by fallball · 8/30/2012

Advertisement
F
fallball
Sorry to those who were planning on this. It is only available on ESPN3 in Hawaii. It is also on WatchESPN if you happen to have internet from the providers they list as partners...I guess it is Justin.tv or something back alley...
T
tripwire
That's disappointing and really surprising to me. Last year I watched all the games on ESPN3, it seemed like the only college football games they didn't show were the ones that were on my local ABC affiliate.
B
BerliNY
Say what?!?!



Does anyone have an idea of where to get the game online?
A
AggieWeekendCougar
BerliNY wrote:
Say what?!?!



Does anyone have an idea of where to get the game online?


Just think of where every good college student *should* sit in class :roll:
A
akammerman
I'm hoping that's a good seat for the game this evening; 3 hours until kickoff and I still have no place to watch it; thanks for the tip weekend cougar
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
This was announced a few days ago. Kind of old news now. Isn't it on the main ESPN channel?
G
golong
I am seriously peeved at ESPN for blocking out the state of Utah for its online broadcast. That is stupid and ESPN is once again on my blacklist.
B
BroncoBot
I think TV powerhouses realized that if people can get ESPN online, they are going to drop a TON of subscriptions. They talked it over with ESPN and ESPN3/WATCH ESPN is going to be a lot different now. It was blacked-out here in PA too.
U
Ungoy
I'm pretty sure that any game that is on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU is going to be blacked out on ESPN3. I looked at the Boise St. game, and that too is blacked out. They're basically making ESPN3 for on demand replays, I guess.
S
snoscythe
Teams who come 7K seats short of a sellout for their season openers don't have a leg to stand on when complaining about blackouts.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Ungoy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that any game that is on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU is going to be blacked out on ESPN3. I looked at the Boise St. game, and that too is blacked out. They're basically making ESPN3 for on demand replays, I guess.




Yup. You can blame the cable and sattelite providers. However, I am still not going to order cable or sattelite. I have dropped them for good. I'll just watch the replays without all of the commercials on BYUTV one day later over my Roku. BTW, I forever thank whoever it was on here that told me about the Roku. My TV watching is down, and I can still see every BYU game--a day late, mind you, but I can still see it. Normally I avoid all news etc. prior to the game, but I had to peek, then read about last nights game. I look forward to watching it tonight, and I won't get too excited or angry with the TV since I already know the outcome. I know my son will appreciate that.
U
Ungoy
snoscythe wrote:
Teams who come 7K seats short of a sellout for their season openers don't have a leg to stand on when complaining about blackouts.


Hey, don't yell at me... I was there. :)
R
redneckjedi
My little brother is there now. I asked him if he had tickets, and he said no, because of the cost. Apparently, price has doubled on all-sport passes since about 2007. That may explain part of the emptiness.



I offered to buy him a ticket, he said he'd rather just watch on TV with the parents...
Y
YNot
redneckjedi wrote:
I offered to buy him a ticket, he said he'd rather just watch on TV with the parents...


That's the real problem. I don't know if it was the 8:30 start time on a Thursday evening that held people back or what, but that was a great game and a great atmosphere last night. And BYU still has some of the cheapest football tickets in college football - at least among teams with 50K+ capacity stadiums.
G
Guest
redneckjedi wrote:
My little brother is there now. I asked him if he had tickets, and he said no, because of the cost. Apparently, price has doubled on all-sport passes since about 2007. That may explain part of the emptiness.



I offered to buy him a ticket, he said he'd rather just watch on TV with the parents...


Your little brother is wrong. I bought All-Sport passes in 2007, they are $30 more expensive than they were in 2007. A small price to pay considering the difference in basketball and football since that time.
Advertisement
S
scott715
i heard it was sold out. It looked like it on tv. Though the day before tickets were available.
M
Mingjai
Ungoy wrote:
I'm pretty sure that any game that is on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU is going to be blacked out on ESPN3. I looked at the Boise St. game, and that too is blacked out. They're basically making ESPN3 for on demand replays, I guess.


Or games locally broadcast on ESPN Regional.
Y
YNot
scott715 wrote:
i heard it was sold out. It looked like it on tv. Though the day before tickets were available.


There was a good crowd and the white-out actually looked pretty good. But there were empty seats along all the fringes....ie, top and corners of the North and South stands, a strip of empty seats down the side of the West stands, etc.
R
RobertMRogers
Actually, it looks like ESPN is using ESPN3 as a completely different channel with its own programs and games. You can still watch the games online using the WatchESPN.com App, as long as your carrier carries the channel that the game is being broadcast on (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.). I was initially concerned but was able to get the game directly from the homepage of ESPN.com. Interesting business decision by ESPN.
F
frdbtr
RobertMRogers wrote:
Actually, it looks like ESPN is using ESPN3 as a completely different channel with its own programs and games. You can still watch the games online using the WatchESPN.com App, as long as your carrier carries the channel that the game is being broadcast on (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.). I was initially concerned but was able to get the game directly from the homepage of ESPN.com. Interesting business decision by ESPN.


I am a comcast cust and I signed into watch espn with my comcast account which normally works. Once I was signed in and clicked the link for the game, it said the game was not available because of black out restrictions. I found a link on justin.tv to watch it.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.