Archived Topic

BYU to be in all blacks tonight

by Lawboy · 8/30/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Alema first mentioned it on his show on 960 today. And my source confirmed it witha players wife today as well.



Pretty psyched about it.
C
crh55
I thought this was a white out? I am confused... :skeptic:
L
Lawboy
It is a white out for the crowd, not the team. The white looks way better under the lights of LES than navy does.



As to teh team, they can wear what they want. If they were in Navy, would you think it odd for a white out with the fans?



I think it is going to be cool. And I am an over 40.
G
Gunk
Lawboy wrote:
And I am an over 40.


Someone get this guy out to pasture...
M
Mars
attempt:
BYUblack.png
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Happy to see the Blues in warm ups!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
"FAIL"....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
redneckjedi
And sanity prevails. :)
W
Wickchad
Lawboy wrote:
Alema first mentioned it on his show on 960 today. And my source confirmed it witha players wife today as well.



Pretty psyched about it.


Its okay. Everyone's sources also said that we'd be playing in the Big XII this season...



It would have been a marketing blunder to have the team in black uniforms without having the crowd also in a blackout. The whole reason why Nike would want to do a blackout is to sell more gear. If the team surprises the fans with black uniforms there isn't time to sell black gear to the fans. After the game is over most fans are not going to buy black BYU stuff because you wouldn't wear it to games until the next blackout. If the crowd has instructions to wear black to a game there would be a ton of purchases made by fans of new BYU gear for the game.
S
snoscythe
The unis did look a little different than last season, so there is that.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Sorry about the bad info. My brother works with the wife of a player, and he asked her and she said they were. Perhaps she thought he meant this year rather than last night.



So my bad on passing that on.
S
scotts
When they were warming up - I noticed the players had black socks, black wristbands, black gloves... Ziggy was wearing a black shirt under his jersey. I swear I even saw the cheerleaders in black. I was telling everyone around me they were going to change to black uni's in the locker room before they came out to surprise us. Boy did I look dumb when they came out of the tunnel. But the fireworks were cool!
G
Gunk
Uniforms had black accents. The back collar was black where the players' names are. I believe under the arms and around the bottom were black too.



I thought the uniforms looked slick.
C
Cougarbib
I didn't even notice the uniforms. White out was cool except it made the empty seat sections in the corners stand out more.



BYU fans need to step it up and sell out their stadium.



That is way more meaningful than white outs, black uniforms, etc.



Back in the glory years - it was really hard to get a ticket.



Step it up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
8:15 starts for ESPN cut down on the # of kids at the game. Saw few young kids there last night. Late start timeson a school night have to affect ticket sales.



All in alll, a great way to start 2012.
Advertisement
F
fallball
Cougarbib wrote:
I didn't even notice the uniforms. White out was cool except it made the empty seat sections in the corners stand out more.



BYU fans need to step it up and sell out their stadium.



That is way more meaningful than white outs, black uniforms, etc.



Back in the glory years - it was really hard to get a ticket.



Step it up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

The espn broadcast reported a sell-out. Maybe that was a mistake, or maybe a lot of people didn't show who had bought tickets because of the rain or late hour...
J
JamieVallen
Cougarbib wrote:
I didn't even notice the uniforms. White out was cool except it made the empty seat sections in the corners stand out more.



BYU fans need to step it up and sell out their stadium.



That is way more meaningful than white outs, black uniforms, etc.



Back in the glory years - it was really hard to get a ticket.



Step it up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

You're absolutely wrong at least on TV this wasn't the case. The beige bleachers blended in with the white and made the stadium noticeably more full looking. Had everybody been wearing blue the emptiness would of stuck out like a sore thumb. Hard to argue with science.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
Uniforms had black accents. The back collar was black where the players' names are. I believe under the arms and around the bottom were black too.



I thought the uniforms looked slick.


Looking at the up close pictures on ESPN and there's no black besides some players wearing black undershirts. Just the same old navy and white, and yes, it does look pretty slick.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/photos/_/id/252/photoId/2385876/brigham-young-cougars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
P
pvuproduct
Cougarbib wrote:

BYU fans need to step it up and sell out their stadium.



That is way more meaningful than white outs, black uniforms, etc.



Back in the glory years - it was really hard to get a ticket.



Step it up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Hey, Bib, do you think we're an elite fan base? If not, what needs to happen? I don't think I've gotten a solid grasp on your take yet.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
pvuproduct wrote:

BYU fans need to step it up and sell out their stadium.



That is way more meaningful than white outs, black uniforms, etc.



Back in the glory years - it was really hard to get a ticket.



Step it up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Hey, Bib, do you think we're an elite fan base? If not, what needs to happen? I don't think I've gotten a solid grasp on your take yet.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGFI2oNNbj-mk_UaJD1YHLXVHzSaIxIb1-ZC3CE0fhlgf4MXv_&t=1" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.