Archived Topic

This had better happen...

by Y 4 Ever · 8/30/2012

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
I'm getting ready to drive for over 10 hours just to go to the FIRST fball game of the 2012 season.



Here's what needs to happen in/at the game, or I'm gonna be royally pissed:



1. Wear white. Everyone. Or you're a yewt. And if you're planning on wearing a pink collar shirt, then go ahead and pop that collar and grow out the goatee to complete the costume. And maybe even slap on an eye patch.



2. The O needs to look clean, crisp, fresh, and efficient - like they haven't looked in an opener since 2001



3. The D needs to be as nasty and abusive as we are expecting them to be. I want WSU QB's to be running for their lives from the opening snap.



4. The punt team needs to pick up right where it left off in the Tulsa game - and NOT what it looked like against TCU



5. In regards to #4 - they'd better only have 1 or 2 chances. That's it. If #2 happens, then there's no reason for more than that.



6. The Band had better NOT play pop corn popping. But feel free to play Zelda as often as you like.



7. The O had better have no turn overs - or at most 1.



8. BYU had better win convincingly.



If these things all happen, then my 10 hour drive (each way) will be worth it!



So don't let me down.
A
ABYUFAN
If number 8 happens then so will 6. Popcorn popping only gets played in the 4th quarter of blowouts it's a "tradition". You wouldn't want to give up on tradition would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
ABYUFAN wrote:
If number 8 happens then so will 6. Popcorn popping only gets played in the 4th quarter of blowouts it's a "tradition". You wouldn't want to give up on tradition would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I'll give up that "tradition" in a heart beat.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I'm getting ready to drive for over 10 hours just to go to the FIRST fball game of the 2012 season.



Here's what needs to happen in/at the game, or I'm gonna be royally pissed:



1. Wear white. Everyone. Or you're a yewt. And if you're planning on wearing a pink collar shirt, then go ahead and pop that collar and grow out the goatee to complete the costume. And maybe even slap on an eye patch.



2. The O needs to look clean, crisp, fresh, and efficient - like they haven't looked in an opener since 2001



3. The D needs to be as nasty and abusive as we are expecting them to be. I want WSU QB's to be running for their lives from the opening snap.



4. The punt team needs to pick up right where it left off in the Tulsa game - and NOT what it looked like against TCU



5. In regards to #4 - they'd better only have 1 or 2 chances. That's it. If #2 happens, then there's no reason for more than that.



6. The Band had better NOT play pop corn popping. But feel free to play Zelda as often as you like.



7. The O had better have no turn overs - or at most 1.



8. BYU had better win convincingly.



If these things all happen, then my 10 hour drive (each way) will be worth it!



So don't let me down.




Geez and I was just hoping for



Less construction issues and crappy road on I15 and an expansion of the 80MPH segment on I15 and seeing at least as many Y bumper, license plae, spare tire, and trailer hitch accessories as U on the way up.
S
SpiffCoug
ABYUFAN wrote:
If number 8 happens then so will 6. Popcorn popping only gets played in the 4th quarter of blowouts it's a "tradition". You wouldn't want to give up on tradition would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

"Popcorn Popping" is the best song the band plays. It is the best because - as you said - it's only played when it's late in the 4th quarter and BYU is killing the opponent. I wish I could hear that song at every game.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
SpiffCoug wrote:
If number 8 happens then so will 6. Popcorn popping only gets played in the 4th quarter of blowouts it's a "tradition". You wouldn't want to give up on tradition would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

"Popcorn Popping" is the best song the band plays. It is the best because - as you said - it's only played when it's late in the 4th quarter and BYU is killing the opponent. I wish I could hear that song at every game.

Agreed. I don't get the "Popcorn Popping" hate. It's good, goofy fun
U
Ungoy
ABYUFAN wrote:
ABYUFAN wrote:
If number 8 happens then so will 6. Popcorn popping only gets played in the 4th quarter of blowouts it's a "tradition". You wouldn't want to give up on tradition would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

"Popcorn Popping" is the best song the band plays. It is the best because - as you said - it's only played when it's late in the 4th quarter and BYU is killing the opponent. I wish I could hear that song at every game.

Agreed. I don't get the "Popcorn Popping" hate. It's good, goofy fun


And as mentioned, means we're creaming our opponent. Like Spiff, I would love to hear it at every game. Lots of the Imperial March, and Lord of the Rings too, as they play that when BYU does something great on the field.
S
Sammich
Y 4 Ever wrote:
I'm getting ready to drive for over 10 hours just to go to the FIRST fball game of the 2012 season.



Here's what needs to happen in/at the game, or I'm gonna be royally pissed:



1. Wear white. Everyone. Or you're a yewt. And if you're planning on wearing a pink collar shirt, then go ahead and pop that collar and grow out the goatee to complete the costume. And maybe even slap on an eye patch.



2. The O needs to look clean, crisp, fresh, and efficient - like they haven't looked in an opener since 2001



3. The D needs to be as nasty and abusive as we are expecting them to be. I want WSU QB's to be running for their lives from the opening snap.



4. The punt team needs to pick up right where it left off in the Tulsa game - and NOT what it looked like against TCU



5. In regards to #4 - they'd better only have 1 or 2 chances. That's it. If #2 happens, then there's no reason for more than that.



6. The Band had better NOT play pop corn popping. But feel free to play Zelda as often as you like.



7. The O had better have no turn overs - or at most 1.



8. BYU had better win convincingly.



If these things all happen, then my 10 hour drive (each way) will be worth it!



So don't let me down.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment with #1. Sorry your trip won't be worth it, but you might as well wish that the mountains turned into rainbows and unicorns.
I
imuakahuku
I always thought the Imperial march was aimed at the opponents? When the coach or a player did something to warrant it.

Unless of course you were at an Oakland Raiders game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
I've heard many times when they play the Imperial March after BYU sacks the QB, or recovers a opponent fumble, etc...



I hope for lots of that tonight.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
imuakahuku wrote:
I always thought the Imperial march was aimed at the opponents? When the coach or a player did something to warrant it.

Unless of course you were at an Oakland Raiders game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Always on a 3rd down stop or a turnover forced by our defense, at least while I was there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.