Archived Topic

'Twas the night before BYU Football season....

by cougfan84 · 8/30/2012

Advertisement
C
cougfan84
And all through Utah County, every BYU fan was impatiently waiting for tomorrow night.
B
BroncoBot
cougfan84 wrote:
And all through Utah County, every BYU fan was impatiently waiting for tomorrow night.

I have a LONG day of work ahead of me tomorrow. probably from 7 am to 9pm EST. :angry: Time will go by very slowly thinking about kickoff all day.
S
snoscythe
The decals were stuck to the bumper with great care, in hope that undefeat soon would be there.



The players were nestled in Provo's Marriott, while dreaming of a victory hard fought.
S
scott715
The DBs were cramed in the film room,

While horrors of bombs were thrown all over the field.
V
vancouvercougar
To the sidelines Bronco and his staff came

coach gathered the players and called them by name



Go Riley, Go Hoffman, & go Kyle Van Noy

Let's fill the hearts of the cougar faithfull with a deep seated joy.
Advertisement
M
Mars


The game is not sold out...
T
tripwire
Mars wrote:


The game is not sold out...

Doesn't surprise me at all. 8:15 kickoff on a school night. It's hard to get a lot of families to show up for that. If the game were tomorrow I would be there, but instead I'll be watching kickoff while trying to get my kids to go to bed.

I guess that's the price of an ESPN contract. Fortunately it's the only Thursday home game of the season.
J
jonnylingo
tripwire wrote:


The game is not sold out...

Doesn't surprise me at all. 8:15 kickoff on a school night. It's hard to get a lot of families to show up for that. If the game were tomorrow I would be there, but instead I'll be watching kickoff while trying to get my kids to go to bed.

I guess that's the price of an ESPN contract. Fortunately it's the only Thursday home game of the season.


I don't think we will sell out a game this year. If we are 4-0 i will change my mind though.
Y
YNot
The fans were nestled all snug in their chairs,

While visions of past-glories raised our neck hairs.

The new screens were awesome, and it seemed to me,

Much better than sitting at home, even in HD.



And junior in his jersey, and I in all white,

Had just settled our brains for an exciting summer's night.

When out on the pitch the opponents appeared,

WSU fans shouting "Go Cougars" sure sounded weird.



He was dressed like a pirate, from his feet to his hair,

An emotionless expression and simple blank stare.

He was chubby and plump, a typical soul,

But I knew that his offense could get on a roll.



A cower in his eye and his disheveled head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

A bundle of pass plays he had in his book,

But the noisy fans in white is all that it took.



And then, a small sound, I heard on the field

The trembling rattle of saber against shield.

As he went to draw his sword, he was turned 'round,

Down the tunnel the real Cougars came with a bound.



And then, in an uproar, I heard in the stands

The chanting and shouting and clapping of hands.

The Real coach arrived with mighty crew in tow,

full of force and pride, ready for the show.



He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

Execution was key, no player could shirk.

And laying his finger aside of his chin,

And giving a nod with a confident grin!



He sprang to his feet, to his team gave a call,

"Band of Brothers are we, each one and all!"

And then I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he pounded his chest,

"Happy Kick-Off to all, it's time to prove you who's best!"
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.