Archived Topic

Dan Wetzel of Yahoo sports commented on BYU/ESPN

by KingCoug · 8/29/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
He was interviewed by Gunther & Graham on 1320 today. He said BYU was getting a lot of invaluable exposure across the nation through their ESPN partnership. Meanwhile, he couldn't remember seeing the Utes on TV at all last year.



Something to think about.
S
scott715
Where is the LIKE button?
E
EM_Puma
So will Puktah's games all be on TV this season? I looked at their website and it had "TV" by every game without any details. I suppose that means that most of them are gonig to be on this PUKE12 network?? Is that covered on DirecTV or Dish?



I watched Deep Blue sporits last night on BYUtv and it was impressive to have such a program to cover our team. I guess we've gotten so much coverage that it's made me lazy and more attached to my recliner and wide screen.
D
Ddawg
KingCoug wrote:



He was interviewed by Gunther & Graham on 1320 today. He said BYU was getting a lot of invaluable exposure across the nation through their ESPN partnership. Meanwhile, he couldn't remember seeing the Utes on TV at all last year.



Something to think about.


+1. Bam!
S
scott715
Their network is not on Directv or Dish currently. It is not on cable here in Eastern Oregon but I found it on cable in Bend, OR (central OR).
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Unless the Utes do something special no one will be seeing them on TV anytime soon. Course, outside of Utah, there are no Ute fans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MTM
What I am hearing is that every single PAC 12 football game will be on TV either ESPN, FOX, or PAC 12 Network.



Right now PAC 12 Network is available in all markets across the country with a few exceptions and it depends on the carrier.



Comcast carries it. I've heard DirecTV is close and then I heard "it is not imminent". As I understand Dish will not carry it.



I don't really care until the ASU game on 09/22. ESPN has the USU game and I'll be at the Northern Colorado, BYU, and USC games.
S
SpiffCoug
MTM wrote:
What I am hearing is that every single PAC 12 football game will be on TV either ESPN, FOX, or PAC 12 Network.



Right now PAC 12 Network is available in all markets across the country with a few exceptions and it depends on the carrier.



Comcast carries it. I've heard DirecTV is close and then I heard "it is not imminent". As I understand Dish will not carry it.



I don't really care until the ASU game on 09/22. ESPN has the USU game and I'll be at the Northern Colorado, BYU, and USC games.

It's available in all markets except for the markets it's not. Just like the Mountain was a national network - if your carrier had it.



The PAC12 is having the same distribution issues as the Mountain. They be able to get their distirbution figured out a little sooner, but they're still having issues.
A
ABYUFAN
MTM wrote:
What I am hearing is that every single PAC 12 football game will be on TV either ESPN, FOX, or PAC 12 Network.



Right now PAC 12 Network is available in all markets across the country with a few exceptions and it depends on the carrier.



Comcast carries it. I've heard DirecTV is close and then I heard "it is not imminent". As I understand Dish will not carry it.



I don't really care until the ASU game on 09/22. ESPN has the USU game and I'll be at the Northern Colorado, BYU, and USC games.

Hmmm sounds alot like what we were promised with CSTV and "the mtn." I'm glad to have THAT fiasco in the rear view mirror!
M
MTM
You're both right. It's not been the seamless integration PAC12 fans had hoped for.



You can get it if you want it in most markets. It may mean switching TV providers which I'm considering although I confident DirecTV will pick it up.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
the PAC network is guaranteed to have more success than the .mtn. Let's not kid ourselves. BUt I don't think they'll ever get the kind of exposure for utah, AZ, ASU, WSU, Wash., CAL, CU, OSU, Stanford that BYU's current deal has. USC/UCLA/ORegon might get good exposure, but it still won't be on the same level as BYU.



I love our current deal, I don't know of any team that gets as much national/worldwide coverage.
S
Stirfry
Best 2 things about the Pac12 network are:



1- The one the Utes are on is called the Mountain

2- The commissioner is asking the fans to call into the providers to lobby them to carry it. (sound familiar?)



It's going to get resolved and wont drag out like the Mtn did but it's fun while it last.
G
Gunk
Stirfry wrote:
Best 2 things about the Pac12 network are:



1- The one the Utes are on is called the Mountain

2- The commissioner is asking the fans to call into the providers to lobby them to carry it. (sound familiar?)



It's going to get resolved and wont drag out like the Mtn did but it's fun while it last.


Haha...not enough engaged fans to get Directv or Dish to do it. If you're a USC or Oregon fan, your games are all on TV. Everyone else is left fighting over scraps.



If BYU fans can't get Directv to add the free BYUtv HD feed, I doubt Pac12 fans will be able to get Directv to add a whole new channel.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
KingCoug wrote:
He was interviewed by Gunther & Graham on 1320 today. He said BYU was getting a lot of invaluable exposure across the nation through their ESPN partnership. Meanwhile, he couldn't remember seeing the Utes on TV at all last year.



Something to think about.


Thinking ... thinking ... PRICELESS.
M
MTM
Dish won't do it. They just dropped the Big 10 Network from what I understand.



DirecTV will have a deal soon, IMO.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
MTM wrote:
Dish won't do it. They just dropped the Big 10 Network from what I understand.



DirecTV will have a deal soon, IMO.

I always looked at the Big 10 cheanel to see how it could work out with a conference channel being picked up by the satellite providers. If ANY confernce could support its own channel it would be the Big 10, spread out enough and avid fan interest. The pac 12 has schools in locations with too many other things to do, if the Big 10 can't make it, the Pac 12 is doomed
L
Lawboy
I bet that DirectTv gets the deal done for 2013. They waited a year on the Big Ten Network as well before signing a deal, so expect a year for that as well. I think they want to see the market for it first, and as Comcast is the only real carrier, and that is regional, DirectTV has time.



DirectTv is becoming hte place to go for sports fans. Dish is losing that market for sure. But, also explains why Dish is cheaper.
E
EM_Puma
MTM wrote:
You're both right. It's not been the seamless integration PAC12 fans had hoped for.



You can get it if you want it in most markets. It may mean switching TV providers which I'm considering although I confident DirecTV will pick it up.


In those situations it's the only time I dislike living in Eagle Mt as because they don't have telephone lines, there is no cable providers. It's Dish or DirecTV.
S
Schmoe
I'm having a weird deja vu feeling for some reason...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.