Archived Topic

Most intriguing position?

by BroncoBot · 8/28/2012

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Just wondering what people are going to be watching for come Thursday night and WSU.



A lot of positions are still untested, although it sounds like BYU has done a good job of reloading.



Personally, I'm going to be watching the TEs. Tons of talent. BUT, I'm sure the secondary is going to be getting the biggest test.
S
Schmoe
Though I'm a little worried about the O-line, I'm really curious to see how Alisa and the young guys start off this year.
L
Lawboy
With the offsesaosn changes BYU made this year, most of them targeted to help the Oline, that position has me the most curious.



Next is secondary because Wazzi is gonna chuck it 40+ times, so they have to play soundly.



Next is TE because I want to see someone step up and take that job.



Last is RB. Alisa can play and we know it. Pritchard will be the best combo FB since Tonga, and BYU has talented back ups with Foote, Hine and Williams this year.
S
SpiffCoug
OL and RB. I think they go hand in hand, though. We're just going to run the ball all night, I think. Between the OL, a new defensive scheme for WSU and some speed (finally) at the RB position, I'm predicting a big night rushing for BYU.
E
EM_Puma
The score...
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I will be watching our DB's.



On offense I want to see the O-line.
G
Gunk
OL



The success of RBs depends almost entirely on the OL. Bad OL, poor running game. Don't agree, look at our running game the first half of last season.



Not too worried about TEs. We have a strong receiving corps which should make up for any lack of TE presence.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
UliUli79
Secondary. If the secondary is as good as hoped, it will make Leach's air-raid a non-issue and make other team's offenses one dimensional. I like our chances against the run.
M
Mars


QB and DL.



Okay, I said RB. I'm excited at the possibility of Alisa/Pritchard slightly resembling Unga/Tonga.
C
Cougs_Rule
Seckndary,first and foremost! If we can defend vs Wsu pass attack, game over! We will shut down the run. Plus, all the "most athletic talk". If they are and if they do well, this will be one of the most important signs of a special season.



OL! If the OL do well, our O will be DOMINANT bc our run game will flourish with these RB's.



The two weakest position groups from last year. If they are more than just a little bit improved, we will have a great season.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
1. OL - the success of our offense begins up front - establishing the run game to set up passing game. If we have good push and protection, defenses will be challenged.

2. Secondary - unproven group with new players in Johnson and Sampson. If these guys can hold their own and eliminate the big play, we will be a juggernaut as our front 7 are very experienced and very good.

3. TE needs to be involved in O as an outlet to relieve blitzes on QB and for softening up the middle when WR are going wide or deep and RBs are shooting to the flats.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


"The Wheelbarrow"
M
mizzoucoug
OL. Everything depends on this. We may be in a position to outscore most teams this year because our defense is so good. But everything hinges on pass protection and at least some decent running vs the good team. I am looking for at least some OL improvement over the last 2 seasons.
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
OL. Everything depends on this. We may be in a position to outscore most teams this year because our defense is so good. But everything hinges on pass protection and at least some decent running vs the good team. I am looking for at least some OL improvement over the last 2 seasons.

I think this is going to be the weak link of the offense unfortunately. Very little running game inside for BYU tonight. WSU was regularly in the backfield meeting RBs before the line of scrimmage. The O-line looked like they were going up against TCU.



TE, Friel is a beast. Love that guy.



RBs. Solid when they had half a seam to get through.



SEcondary. Wow, lots of questions answered tonight.
B
Brayden Green
Mars wrote:


"The Wheelbarrow"


It took everything in me not to put something like this



:lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.