Archived Topic

Senior QB's

by vancouvercougar · 8/28/2012

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
A question for Spiff or any other knowledgeable fan--when was the last time a Senior BYU QB played a :utard: team that also had a senior QB? Isn't Wynn a senior?



How did the game turn out if there was a senior vs senior QB matchup?
M
MTM
Wynn got a medical redshirt last year. He's a Junior eligibility-wise although he has graduated already.
M
MTM
And to answer the rest of your question-I'm not sure the last time both teams had Senior QBs.
M
MTM
I think it was 2006 Beck and Ratliff.
S
SpiffCoug
MTM wrote:
I think it was 2006 Beck and Ratliff.

Accepting this to be true, BYU won 33-31. Both QBs were outstanding.



Ratliff: 25 of 41 for 376 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs 170.20 PER.

Beck: 28 of 43 for 375 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs 169.07 PER.
Advertisement
M
MTM
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think it was 2006 Beck and Ratliff.

Accepting this to be true, BYU won 33-31. Both QBs were outstanding.



Ratliff: 25 of 41 for 376 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs 170.20 PER.

Beck: 28 of 43 for 375 yards, 4 TDs 0 INTs 169.07 PER.


I don't remember the exact circumstances as to why but it was one of the only games I couldn't see on TV.



I don't know if it was a MTN bungle or if my in-laws didn't have the proper TV package but i was at their house listening on radio and it was a spectacular game.
F
frdbtr
06 would be correct. Ratliff and Beck. Ratliff had sucked most of the year but, true to form, came alive against BYU. It was a MTN game and I paid for the internet feed in order to see it.
M
MTM
frdbtr wrote:
06 would be correct. Ratliff and Beck. Ratliff had sucked most of the year but, true to form, came alive against BYU. It was a MTN game and I paid for the internet feed in order to see it.


I don't know how you figure Ratliff sucked most of the year but, you're right, he was outstanding against BYU.
F
frdbtr
MTM wrote:
06 would be correct. Ratliff and Beck. Ratliff had sucked most of the year but, true to form, came alive against BYU. It was a MTN game and I paid for the internet feed in order to see it.


I don't know how you figure Ratliff sucked most of the year but, you're right, he was outstanding against BYU.


Do you remember the boise state game that year?
M
MTM
frdbtr wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
06 would be correct. Ratliff and Beck. Ratliff had sucked most of the year but, true to form, came alive against BYU. It was a MTN game and I paid for the internet feed in order to see it.


I don't know how you figure Ratliff sucked most of the year but, you're right, he was outstanding against BYU.


Do you remember the boise state game that year?


Yes, and that was not his finest moment. Max Hall threw 5 picks against Utah in 2008 but I wouldn't say he sucked most of that year.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Ratliff in 2006 had a 7.2 rating against Boise. Think about that. 7.2. Even as critical as I was on Heaps, he was never even CLOSE to being that bad. Even Heaps' worst game was EIGHT times better than that.



Ratliff had two other games with a PER of 90 or lower. He only reached the 135 PER standard six times.



So he sucked at least a quarter of the year and was mediocre in another quarter.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:
Ratliff in 2006 had a 7.2 rating against Boise. Think about that. 7.2. Even as critical as I was on Heaps, he was never even CLOSE to being that bad. Even Heaps' worst game was EIGHT times better than that.



Ratliff had two other games with a PER of 90 or lower. He only reached the 135 PER standard six times.



So he sucked at least a quarter of the year and was mediocre in another quarter.


Thanks Spiff, I was looking for internet stats on him to prove my point. If you have game by game stats for him, you should post them. I just remember being floored at how he happened to turn it on against BYU twice when he was a sub par QB most of the rest of his career.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm still amazed by a 7.2 PER. I think I could get a 7.2 PER against WSU on Thursday. And that would be without ever playing a down of organized football in my life.
M
MTM
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm still amazed by a 7.2 PER. I think I could get a 7.2 PER against WSU on Thursday. And that would be without ever playing a down of organized football in my life.


Fair enough. But don't define his career by that one game. His career PER was 138. That doesn't suck.



And, believe it or not, he is still on an Active NFL roster today. That is more than most of thousands of guys who have taken a snap in college ball can say.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.