Archived Topic

Away Games on BYUtv?

by byufan4ever · 8/27/2012

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
So, I know all 6 home games will be re-broadcast on BYUtv on the same day, but what about the 6 away games?



Also, I will be ditching my DirectTV altogether and just have the very basic channels, but will be switching my Internet provider so I can get ESPN online. Between BYUtv online, ESPN online, and very basic TV channels (Notre Dame game on NBC), I should be covered for just about all of the games, right?
Q
Qman
It worked for me last year. Though occassionally I have trouble getting ESPN to work.
S
SpiffCoug
BYUtv doesn't have away game rights.
C
Cougarbib
And - if you like Pizza - probably some pizza place near you can pop the game up in their restaurant. Or Sports Bar, if you like Beer - oops - never mind.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYUtv doesn't have away game rights.

I believe that BYUtv doesn't have Non-ESPN away game rights. I understand that they do have the right to rebroadcast all ESPN away games (i.e. Boise State)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
ABYUFAN wrote:
BYUtv doesn't have away game rights.

I believe that BYUtv doesn't have Non-ESPN away game rights. I understand that they do have the right to rebroadcast all ESPN away games (i.e. Boise State)

I don't think we can show the Ole Miss game from last year, and that was on ESPN. I could be completely wrong though. WOuldn't be a first .
A
ABYUFAN
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYUtv doesn't have away game rights.

I believe that BYUtv doesn't have Non-ESPN away game rights. I understand that they do have the right to rebroadcast all ESPN away games (i.e. Boise State)

I don't think we can show the Ole Miss game from last year, and that was on ESPN. I could be completely wrong though. WOuldn't be a first .

Good point.



I received a mailer from BYUtv indicating a BSU rebroadcast, and the BYUtve site has it listed.



http://byutv.org/schedule/week/2012/9/17/23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I wonder if it comes down to who owns the rights. The SEC owned the rights to the Ole Miss game, and ESPN has negotiated the rights to the MWC confernce games in their deal after the breakup of the mtn.
N
nogbody
byufan4ever wrote:
So, I know all 6 home games will be re-broadcast on BYUtv on the same day, but what about the 6 away games?



Also, I will be ditching my DirectTV altogether and just have the very basic channels, but will be switching my Internet provider so I can get ESPN online. Between BYUtv online, ESPN online, and very basic TV channels (Notre Dame game on NBC), I should be covered for just about all of the games, right?




Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm livid about this right now, but it looks like ESPN effective today has pulled ESPN3 Live coverage for any college games that are also on ESPN or ESPN2... Don't know if it includes espn U, but probably. This sux. Check the blackout maps on espn, but most of of the states minus California and Hawaii and Alaska in some instances are blacked out. I'm guessing you can watch the replays...



Espn got smart and is pushing their "WATCHESPN" service which is live espn and espn2 stuff, but you HAVE to have COMCAST, Bright House, Verizon FIOS, or TIme warner... All companies I can't get where I live. This is totally bogus. You have to login your smart phone app or the browser with your comcast or time warner credentials...



Anybody in Utah with Comcast TV subscription that wants to share their login with me.... :P i'd pay you to watch the games.



Seriously. PM me.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.