Archived Topic

C2

by Cougarbib · 8/26/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
U thought QB 2 was interesting - this year we will have C2 - either because both candidates are so good that Doman can't decide who to go with or because neither is good enough.



U decide.



But this is Hype Week so let's assume the former and hope that timing and snap style and placement do not result in QB being out of synch and then handing it off still out of synch and FUMBLE.



Hype week - be as optimistic as you can be.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I'll run with this.

Glass half full....or two better than average, but not stellar C's.

Two for one.

If one goes down we have a spare.

Not even close to the MUBAR that was QB2.

Heat of competition will reveal the better of the two. Coaches will figure it out.

Not a biggie.
L
Lawboy
Said it before, say it again, Tushaus will win the job. H. Reynolds is getting the benefit of the doubt on this one due to name and seniority. Fact is, if you have two guys fighting for a spot and you can't choose, logic says play the younger guy. He has more time to reach his upside, while the other player in the program has not been able toe use that time to elevate himself.



Tushaus was like the #9 center nationally in his class.
T
trueblue72
I personally am concerned that we are going to rotate centers until someone pulls ahead as the clear leader.... last time we did something of this nature with the QB's it didn't work too well.



Also I can't understand why Hansen isn't the official starter. Dude is on Herbie's All-team list. This is much more troublesome than if we are "copying" by doing black Uni's. Which I like by the way.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
trueblue72 wrote:
I personally am concerned that we are going to rotate centers until someone pulls ahead as the clear leader.... last time we did something of this nature with the QB's it didn't work too well.



Also I can't understand why Hansen isn't the official starter. Dude is on Herbie's All-team list. This is much more troublesome than if we are "copying" by doing black Uni's. Which I like by the way.

Who cares about "Herbie's All-team list"? Hansen was one of the few guys who didn't practice because he couldn't pass the baseline fitness test when fall started. That's a huge concern for me. He had all summer (presumably) to get ready for fall. If someone passed him up, I don't care what list he's on.
T
trueblue72
BroncoBot wrote:
I personally am concerned that we are going to rotate centers until someone pulls ahead as the clear leader.... last time we did something of this nature with the QB's it didn't work too well.



Also I can't understand why Hansen isn't the official starter. Dude is on Herbie's All-team list. This is much more troublesome than if we are "copying" by doing black Uni's. Which I like by the way.

Who cares about "Herbie's All-team list"? Hansen was one of the few guys who didn't practice because he couldn't pass the baseline fitness test when fall started. That's a huge concern for me. He had all summer (presumably) to get ready for fall. If someone passed him up, I don't care what list he's on.


You are correct in saying who caresa about that list, I am one who normally doesn't place much stock in pre-season lists. Even two-deep charts because I have seen guys that were practice all-americans but couldn't do crap in a game. My main point of concern is, this guy is a 3 year starter he knows how to play. Passing a baseline fitness test is important, but that doesn't make you a good football player. Hansen is proven ball player he needs to be on the field. He should have passed the test and come to camp in better shape it is his own fault and the coaches are making an example of him. He has since passed the test and he should be the starter.



Back to the center, I think we see Tushaus establish himself as the starter, although undersized after watching the 2 centers (only in practice) as it currently stands I feel more comfortable with Tushaus keeping the O moving at a faster pace.
B
byucougar1
Tushaus will be center - Reynolds will be guard.

OL: Matthews, Reynolds, Tushaus, Hansen, Brown.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
I just wish the coaches would make a decision. that is their job to make the hard decisions. like riley said, go with the hot hand. riley clearly has one of them in mind and wants that one to pay center. the coaches are saying they will keep rotating until they see how the two react in real time game situations. JUST MAKE THE DECISION DOMAN!!! You don't fart around with the center position like that. Listen to Riley and go with the hot hand. Given them starting reps and let the oline mesh. This stuff drives me crazy.
L
Lawboy
byucougar1 wrote:
Tushaus will be center - Reynolds will be guard.

OL: Matthews, Reynolds, Tushaus, Hansen, Brown.


Until Stringham fully recovers from his ankle issues, which have been a problem in camp. Once that happens watch for the line to be (from LT to RT):



Mathews, Hansen, Tushaus, Stringham, Brown
Advertisement
M
Mars
jonnylingo wrote:
I just wish the coaches would make a decision. that is their job to make the hard decisions. like riley said, go with the hot hand.

Did you read about Doman's plans for TE? He is going with Friel/Holt/Wilson. Rotating each guy in at least once every 3 plays or so.
C
Cougs_Rule
If we have some miscues, C to QB and if this costs the us the game, BDoman will take it in the shorts, in the chops, and folks will be mad. This is a risky waffle.

And as for the TE's, who knows. I'm starting to agree with some of you. Decide already at least for a game prep week and then reevaluate. But decide already!
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:
I just wish the coaches would make a decision. that is their job to make the hard decisions. like riley said, go with the hot hand.

Did you read about Doman's plans for TE? He is going with Friel/Holt/Wilson. Rotating each guy in at least once every 3 plays or so.

Doh!! :sulk:
B
BroncoBot
Doman has decided. Friel is the starter, Holt, Wilson will also be playing and will probably be producing. These TEs are all quality. We'll see if one of them separates. Not a bad thing, especially since more than 1 TE will be on the field at times. Rotate, keep the legs fresh. Plenty of room at TE.



At center, I think we'll see Reynolds get replaced before too long,
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
I'll run with this.

Glass half full....or two better than average, but not stellar C's.

Two for one.

If one goes down we have a spare.

Not even close to the MUBAR that was QB2.

Heat of competition will reveal the better of the two. Coaches will figure it out.

Not a biggie.

Heat of competition from UW - the other Washington school made it clear to me that Riley was better than Jake. Coaches too. See AFA game. Then Riley got injured even worse and Jake took over.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
I'll run with this.

Glass half full....or two better than average, but not stellar C's.

Two for one.

If one goes down we have a spare.

Not even close to the MUBAR that was QB2.

Heat of competition will reveal the better of the two. Coaches will figure it out.

Not a biggie.

Heat of competition from UW - the other Washington school made it clear to me that Riley was better than Jake. Coaches too. See AFA game. Then Riley got injured even worse and Jake took over.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


:roll:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.