Archived Topic

Freshman Orientation at Cougar Stadium

by Cougs_Rule · 8/24/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Tonight I just witnessed about 3 thousand freshmen getting part of their orientation in the south end zone seats!! IT WAS AWESOME!

The North end zone jumbo tron was on--GREAT HD clarity. DId not disappoint! Can't wait to see replays And live action for that matter.

I was informed by some athletic admin that this is the second year they have done this orientation.

What a great way to build a love of the BLue and White right from the start.

:crazy: :love:
M
mjk5
I live right next to the stadium so I saw all of the fireworks and heard the crowd. Sounded awesome.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Dis they tell the incoming freshmen what color to wear to games and to be sure to stay the entire game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I didn't witness the whole event. But now that you mention it, I would say 90 maybe even 95% were wearing blue. I don't know if they gave out tshirts or what. Must have. It was awesome. Although the dark blue doesn't show up as vibrant as some have pointed out in previous postings.

TH tweeted it was 4000 frosh, band, frosh FB players, Dave Rose and team AND fireworks. Awesome stuff. I did hear the music, MC, and saw cheerleaders. So, for all the criticisms the athletic dept have received in past, this is a HUGE kudo to them for firing up the base of the Cougar Blue Party!!

I wonder if this has Chad Lewis' imprint on it. I'm going to look into it.

Great, great stuff. those little freshest are going to come fired up big time to the game. Maybe even can compensate for the Blue Hairs! In fact, maybe they should throw a few parties for the over 60 crowd and hand out, well, Blue shirts, noise makers and some herbal cheer boosting products. :crazy:



Go Cougs!!
R
redneckjedi
Man, all I got was a song in the field house from a bunch of BYUSA dorks about not breaking the Honor Code... Left me completely unprepared for the Staley - Doman show that dropped 70 on Tulane!
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Are they moving all the students toward the locker room tunnel this year or is that still in the future?



In a completely unrealated topic, is there any word on if replays (even if it's just the non controversial ones) will be shown more than once with the new scoreboards?.
G
Gunk
redneckjedi wrote:
Man, all I got was a song in the field house from a bunch of BYUSA dorks about not breaking the Honor Code... Left me completely unprepared for the Staley - Doman show that dropped 70 on Tulane!


We met in DT field. Some BYUSA dorks came around and chatted to us in small groups. Then a few of the cheer leaders came by and taught us the fight song. That was it.
R
redneckjedi
Gunk wrote:
Man, all I got was a song in the field house from a bunch of BYUSA dorks about not breaking the Honor Code... Left me completely unprepared for the Staley - Doman show that dropped 70 on Tulane!


We met in DT field. Some BYUSA dorks came around and chatted to us in small groups. Then a few of the cheer leaders came by and taught us the fight song. That was it.


Man, if they would have let us off that mercifully, I would have forgiven them. ;)
M
Mars
Gunk wrote:
We met in DT field. Some BYUSA dorks came around and chatted to us in small groups. Then a few of the cheer leaders came by and taught us the fight song. That was it.

This is what I remember. And maybe some blue flour and a water balloon fight?
B
BYULV
This was cool! Freshman form the "Y":



http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijD2PtlZO0Y
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
That would make a pretty awesome student section. Although I know this to not be very possible but you would have this section of students wear white and form the Y, have the band sit up at the top of the Y right below the scoreboard, and stress the everyone else wears blue, it's probably no more out of the realm of possibility then the Hawaii game idea...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
JamieVallen wrote:
That would make a pretty awesome student section. Although I know this to not be very possible but you would have this section of students wear white and form the Y, have the band sit up at the top of the Y right below the scoreboard, and stress the everyone else wears blue, it's probably no more out of the realm of possibility then the Hawaii game idea...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I thought the same exact thing. Have them wear white and the rest of the stadium Blue.
M
mjk5
BYULV wrote:
This was cool! Freshman form the "Y":



http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ijD2PtlZO0Y

From what I understand, they did this last year as well to commemorate 100 years earlier when the freshman formed a "Y" up on the hill for orientation. It went so well last year that they decided to do this every year. It will just get bigger and better. The lady in charge of it is extremely talented.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wickchad
JamieVallen wrote:
That would make a pretty awesome student section. Although I know this to not be very possible but you would have this section of students wear white and form the Y, have the band sit up at the top of the Y right below the scoreboard, and stress the everyone else wears blue, it's probably no more out of the realm of possibility then the Hawaii game idea...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Tell the freshmen to get out of my seats!
H
HoosierCougar
they should paint the faces of all the stairs blue with the row/section numbers in white. that would help the color show from inside LES.
Advertisement
M
Mars
HoosierCougar wrote:
they should paint the faces of all the stairs blue with the row/section numbers in white. that would help the color show from inside LES.

Too slippery?
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:
they should paint the faces of all the stairs blue with the row/section numbers in white. that would help the color show from inside LES.

Too slippery?

Too expensive. That many feet, that many steps, that paint would have a lot of wear and tear and have to be repainted regularly. That's expensive.
S
scott715
Mix blue pigment in the concrete.
I
IowaCougar
The only thing I remember from my freshman year was the white-washing of the "Y". It was voluntary, and required getting up early in the morning. I had practice and couldn't attend. Of course, there wasn't much of a football tradition at the time. 1973.
R
redneckjedi
IowaCougar wrote:
The only thing I remember from my freshman year was the white-washing of the "Y". It was voluntary, and required getting up early in the morning. I had practice and couldn't attend. Of course, there wasn't much of a football tradition at the time. 1973.


Little did you know what was about to happen... :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.