Archived Topic

GoMo makes his predictions

by KingCoug · 8/23/2012

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
Ol' Gordo predicted BYU will go 9-3. And Utah will go 11-1. He wavered back and forth whether the Utes could beat USC or not. He says there's "no way" BYU beats Utah.
S
SpiffCoug
The Utes will lose by two TDs to USC and there are plenty of ways BYU beats Utah.
G
gmj81
What an idiot. I'm not saying that I guarantee BYU will beat the pukes but it's safe to say they are pretty evenly matched, each having an edge at some positions over the other. To say "no way" BYU beats yewtah is just pretty naive. But then to waver on whether yewtah will beat USC?! I don't care if they are at home, they won't beat the #1 team in the nation, especially with Mr. Glass as their QB, if he even makes it to game 5 that is. But even with him, they are going to get curb stomped by double digits.
C
Cougs_Rule
11-1? Really?

Should we rename him HoBoMo, as in Home Body Monson? Or HoCoMo, As in Home Cookin Monson? Or should we just leave leave the HoMo for its namesake whoring for Utah fans?

Has any credible source outside of Utah even come close to estimating that win total?



Did he even give a thought to BYU beating the u? Doesnt sound like it. Would even more now love to kill the Spew and their little Ho dog too!!!!!
S
Schmoe
Yeah, teams with QB issues and first-year OC's always go 11-1...
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
dmcougar wrote:
11-1? Really?

Should we rename him HoBoMo, as in Home Body Monson? Or HoCoMo, As in Home Cookin Monson? Or should we just leave leave the HoMo for its namesake whoring for Utah fans?

Has any credible source outside of Utah even come close to estimating that win total?



Did he even give a thought to BYU beating the u? Doesnt sound like it. Would even more now love to kill the Spew and their little Ho dog too!!!!!


All Gordo's claims about "not caring" and being completely neutral aside, I've listened to him long enough to know he leans towards the Utes. This is just the latest example. 11-1? Really? And he almost predicted 12-0. :whistle:
I
imuakahuku
KingCoug wrote:
Ol' Gordo predicted BYU will go 9-3. And Utah will go 11-1. He wavered back and forth whether the Utes could beat USC or not. He says there's "no way" BYU beats Utah.


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41av8FHvviL._SL500_AA300_.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



:roll:



Utah will be lucky to end the game vs USC under three TD's. As for BYU I think we have them this year. They have waaay too many questions to even pretend they can win 11 games.
Y
YNot
Monson is just a media lightning rod who likes to excite both fan bases (good or bad).



Ewetah went 4-5 in the PAC 12 last year. Although they still avoid Oregon and Stanford in 2012, they are still playing the teams against whom they had a 4-5 record. I see the Ewetes potentially improving on 4-5. ASU is not as good as last year. They should beat Colorado. But is Ewetah that much better in 2012 and the rest of the PAC 12 that much worse?



USC is much better. Preseason #1. Is Washington any worse? They beat Ewe-tah 31-14 at Rice Chex. Is California worse? 34-10 over the Ewetes in 2012. Washington State is improved and took Ewetah to OT last year. Now, I could see the Ewetes go 6-3, and may be even 7-2 if everything breaks their way and Glass Jo stays healthy and excels. But 8-1 in the PAC 12? HA!
C
Cougs_Rule
Better this way! I hope we are dogs by every prognosticator! We play better that way.
R
redneckjedi
We have the Domanator coaching his clone as the starting QB. I don't care if we're down 3 TDs with 2 minutes left, we'll win this game. Somehow...
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
YNot wrote:
Although they still avoid Oregon and Stanford in 2012...


Seriously, how do they not play Stanford and Oregon for TWO straight years?! I just checked other schedules in their division and they all play at least one of those schools, most of them have to play both. Most of them had to play both last year too.



Pac-12 is really letting them off easy with the scheduling so far.
G
Guest
YNot wrote:
Monson is just a media lightning rod who likes to excite both fan bases (good or bad).


Not so, he never excites BYU fans for good. Only bad.
G
Guest
I would say it's more likely Utah goes 5 - 7 this year than 11-1.
G
Guest
I think even Bib, who has some of the rosiest glasses of any user on this site (including MTM), would say that Monsen is far too optimistic.
L
Lawboy
I think the chances of hte U rely on the injru proned arm on Jordana Wynn. No getting around it either. The U has a great dfense, and good skill players, BUT this year they do not have the dominant Oline like last year.



That Oline they had last year was really good. And they lost both tackles and have struggled to get replacements, still have position battles over it, and have had to try a true freshman out at LT.



Best case is 9-3 with losses to BYU, USC and UW.
Advertisement
B
BOID
This goof will say anything to be popular with the Uties, or should I say-- Red Tail Birdies. It is as though "flattery will get him everywhere." Hawk, I think you nailed it: 5/7 regular season for them. BYU will roll them by 21-plus points. If the ball bounces our way more than once, then it will be by 35 points. Can't wait.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.