Archived Topic

My Expectations for this season

by EM_Puma · 11/12/2009

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
My expectations for this basketball season have already changed. JT said this in an interview on DesNews:



"We're going to do some things here that have never been done before, I can just taste it. We have that good of a team. When we put all of these pieces together, we can be so dangerous and we can be so explosive."



When I saw Rose go to a lineup of Jimmer, JT, Emery, Davies and Haws, I got excited as that would be something profoundly different than where I thought we end up this season and I was a bit worried about status quo. I knew we were deep, but unless we do something different than last year, I don't see losing Cummard and just adding one more person to the starting rotation as being anything that would take us in a different direction than where we were last year, which was good, but that's all--nothing great.



We'll see, but I at least have more optimisim for the season in going farther than we have gone before (which really isn't that far since we're only talking actually winning ONE NCAA tournament game.)
S
scott715
I suggest that they play Davies a lot this year and get him ready for the tournament. there will be growing pains but in the long run we come out ahead. Hartstock needs minutes too. I don't think Miles will get us there except for his defense. Rebounding is suspect. He is big just not real athletic. I would also get his eyes examined. It almost looks like he has a vison problem. When I got my glasses it made a huge difference in catching the ball and free throw shooting.
Q
Qman
scott715 wrote:
I suggest that they play Davies a lot this year and get him ready for the tournament. there will be growing pains but in the long run we come out ahead. Hartstock needs minutes too. I don't think Miles will get us there except for his defense. Rebounding is suspect. He is big just not real athletic. I would also get his eyes examined. It almost looks like he has a vison problem. When I got my glasses it made a huge difference in catching the ball and free throw shooting.




I haven't seen anything from Hartsock yet.
S
SpiffCoug
Qman wrote:
I suggest that they play Davies a lot this year and get him ready for the tournament. there will be growing pains but in the long run we come out ahead. Hartstock needs minutes too. I don't think Miles will get us there except for his defense. Rebounding is suspect. He is big just not real athletic. I would also get his eyes examined. It almost looks like he has a vison problem. When I got my glasses it made a huge difference in catching the ball and free throw shooting.




I haven't seen anything from Hartsock yet.

Really? I think he's been pretty decent. I think he's a better option even at the 5 than Miles because he can score. He keeps the ball high, he's a good rebounder. I really liked the lineup we started with. It was quick and athletic and I think it's even a decent rebounding team.



So is the conclusion on here that Davies won't red-shirt? I really think I'd like to see him play and just learn. I'll take his raw athleticism and mistakes over the more experienced but less skilled Miles.
Q
Qman
kitic77 wrote:
scott715 wrote:
I suggest that they play Davies a lot this year and get him ready for the tournament. there will be growing pains but in the long run we come out ahead. Hartstock needs minutes too. I don't think Miles will get us there except for his defense. Rebounding is suspect. He is big just not real athletic. I would also get his eyes examined. It almost looks like he has a vison problem. When I got my glasses it made a huge difference in catching the ball and free throw shooting.




I haven't seen anything from Hartsock yet.

Really? I think he's been pretty decent. I think he's a better option even at the 5 than Miles because he can score. He keeps the ball high, he's a good rebounder. I really liked the lineup we started with. It was quick and athletic and I think it's even a decent rebounding team.



So is the conclusion on here that Davies won't red-shirt? I really think I'd like to see him play and just learn. I'll take his raw athleticism and mistakes over the more experienced but less skilled Miles.


All I have seen Hartsock do is make a little turnaround jumper and the next time down the court he tried the same move and turned the ball over.



Davies has looked much better than Miles but I won't if playing against quality D-1 bigs will be more difficult for Davies? Experience can count for a lot defensively in the post.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.