Archived Topic

Recording methods

by sage · 8/22/2012

Advertisement
S
sage
Hey guys, and gals.



I am interested in hearing what methods everyone uses to record the games? What machines do you use? What brands do you like and which one should be just as good or better? What are the features that you like or don't like? I need to replace my DVR because it just doesn't work anymore, and I don't want to miss a thing.
G
Guest
I use my DirecTV DVR, and always specify add an extra half hour.
Y
YNot
sage wrote:
Hey guys, and gals.



I am interested in hearing what methods everyone uses to record the games? What machines do you use? What brands do you like and which one should be just as good or better? What are the features that you like or don't like? I need to replace my DVR because it just doesn't work anymore, and I don't want to miss a thing.


I use my Comcast DVR and record an extra hour. But, if you do miss part of the initial broadcast, for home games and some road games, you have the BYUTV broadcast as a backup. Most of those are online too, correct?
L
Lawboy
I use an HD DVR and always add an extra hour on it to be safe. Games are running as late as theyused to with the way they handle the clock now, so less of an issues. But still want to be safe.
S
scott715
Can you hook up a standard DVR to a Directv system?
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Directv HD DVR, which I believe has 500 gigs of storage. Haven't had any problems with it. Fills up fast if you don't manage it well (HD eats a lot of memory). Like Hawk, I always add an hour onto the recording.



I have the Directv mobile app too, which is awesome. Whoever invented that should get translated. I can find shows and set recordings from my phone rather than call the Mrs. for help, not that she was unwilling.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
The DVR is the best invention of the 21st century - or 20th century if you're Joe Biden.
S
sage
I only have ota broadcast. No DirectTV DVR. I had a sony DVR that worked well, but died. So what is best now. I have heard of 500 gig DVR, but don't know how to find them.
G
Gunk
sage wrote:
I only have ota broadcast. No DirectTV DVR. I had a sony DVR that worked well, but died. So what is best now. I have heard of 500 gig DVR, but don't know how to find them.


I'd look into TiVo. They have an HD DVR that can hold 150 hours or if you want pay less 20 hours. DVRs are TiVo's bread and butter. May be a subscription fee, though.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.