Archived Topic

Austin Collie Salary Numbers

by scott715 · 8/21/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
This commentor makes a great point:



"when you consider he had better college stats than ANY other receiver taken that year, coupled with the fact Darrius Heward Bey of the niners makes 52 million and and hasn't caught as many passes in his pro career total as Austin did in year one screams about the problem with perception, I hope he gets a great payday finally in this year his final contract year, he is awesome!"



I really hope the hit that is keeping him out of the rest of preseason wasn't another concussion. Haven't read anything solid on it so far. Reports from Colts' camp makes it sound like he already has great chemistry with Andrew Luck. They could be a fantastic duo for years to come unless his career gets cut tragically short from continued concussion problems.



I just desperately want one of my cougs to excel in the NFL! Collie seems to be the only one with a chance of that happening right now. Though Pitta looked like he was starting to assert himself above Ed Dickson in Baltimore last season.
K
KingCoug
It's looking worse and worse but I really hope Collie finds a way to keep playing.
S
Schmoe
In light of the concussions, I hope he's been putting the money away somewhere.
C
Cougarbib
I read that a concussion was confirmed. AC tweeted that he is doing well and thanked fans for their support and concern and reassured them that he is fine.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Got a PM asking for tweet source.



@Akcollie_17



I am never quite sure if my Message replays ever leave my outbox - so I am posting it here in case the PM never got out to Matty-B.



There was also another feed from or quoting his little brother earlier.



These came from an old Cougar Blue text messaging feed I still get several messages daily about Mostly BYU sports. Some Link to DH articles.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I talked to Dylan Collie today and asked him about Austin. He said that he hadn't talked to him yet but his mom had and she told him that Austin had a concussion but was not throwing in the towel yet and would play again this season.
C
Cougs_Rule
Once again, he took a supposed "legal" shot to the head. A preventable concussion, even if he is more susceptible after these other concussions that should have also been fined, the original one especially. It's a total joke. It's totally stupid, thick headed and may ruin this game that refs can't protect receivers better.

Never mind anyone hoping that he plays gain this year or in any future years. I am hoping he is not a mental handicap the rest of his life. Shameful!
S
SpiffCoug
Amen, DM. The NFL almost needs a "tackle" zone - similar to baseball's strike zone. Tackles outside the zone are penalized.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.