Archived Topic

Of the BYU games listed, which is the least difficult?

by SpiffCoug · 8/21/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
After a narrow vote, Utah State is our seventh mor difficult game. Now we've turned the corner. The bottom six games are in the books. The "easy" games have been listed. Now we're deciding on the difficult games. We'll start with the least difficult game.



Here's how the schedule looks from most to least difficult so far:

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. Utah St.

8. Hawaii

9. San Jose St.

10. New Mexico St.

11. Idaho

12. Weber St.
V
vancouvercougar
It is between Oregon State and Washignton State. I live in Oregon, and I think OSU will be better than they were last year. However, I think they will be less difficult than WSU because we know them, they play in Provo this year, and we will have half a season of game film on them.



While I predict a win over WSU, we play them the first game. No one knows how WSU will respond to new coaching, and our offense takes a game or to get rolling.
W
Wickchad
vancouvercougar wrote:
It is between Oregon State and Washignton State. I live in Oregon, and I think OSU will be better than they were last year. However, I think they will be less difficult than WSU because we know them, they play in Provo this year, and we will have half a season of game film on them.



While I predict a win over WSU, we play them the first game. No one knows how WSU will respond to new coaching, and our offense takes a game or to get rolling.


I concur. The only reason WSU is more difficult than OSU is because it is the first game and we have no idea what's coming with Leach. If it were the third game I would rank WSU as a less difficult game than OSU.
S
SpiffCoug
My thinking was changed in the last poll. I think WSU is going to struggle the first game and will be more vulnerable than a team that did give us some trouble in the 1st half last year.



Oregon St returns quite a bit and should be in "mid-season" form by the time we play. I think Wash St will need some time to get up to speed.
C
Cougarbib
Leave IT To Beaver - easy choice. OSU Beaver for sure. The choosing will get tougher after WSU wins the next poll.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Me and someone else keep voting for Utah... eventually everyone else will get on the bandwagon!
R
rblack
ABYUFAN wrote:
Me and someone else keep voting for Utah... eventually everyone else will get on the bandwagon!

If BYU does not have the Utah game underlined, bolded and starred, they need to have thier heart examined. I think winning against Utah will be considered a failure. A beatdown is required.
B
byutx
I'd leave Oregon State in the easy category. I don't think they're good enough to be in the "least difficult" category.
S
scott715
I don't see OSU filing many of their holes and I live in Oregon country. Don't hear much about them locally.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.