Archived Topic

Notre Dame.... Haha!

by Mingjai · 8/16/2012

Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Notre Dame will be wearing these uniforms in their game with Miami at Soldier Field. Just be glad BYU doesn't wear Adidas...



https://p.twimg.com/A0cb-IeCEAA8RMX.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

http://itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/notre-dame-alternate-uniform-5PNG.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">http://itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/notre-dame-alternate-uniform-4.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Word is they will be painting the famous Golden Dome to match:



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Timmacane/Uniform%20Concepts/Notre_Dame_Golden_Dome1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I actually like the fighting leprechaun helmet logo, it looks really good. BUt hte half gold with it looks stupid.



Should have gone golden helmet with navy leprechaun logo. Would have looked solid.
G
Guest
3/4 helmet idea was terrible.
I
imuakahuku
Can you say Maryland?
J
JamieVallen
Agree with lawboy on the helmets, but pretty cool unis in my opinion. And the slam on Adidas? I disagree. Being someone who has tried both sporting products, I would compare Nike to a company called Volcom. Both companies used to produce quality attire. Volcom (which is a major skateboarding brand) was bought by Walmart and the clothes that are made are now a much lower quality, but people will still buy them for the brand name. Nike is a little bit different but their quality of products have seemed to decline over the years, because they know people will buy it all for the sake of the name on the item. From all the stuff I've bought over the years from both Nike and Adidas (shorts, compression shorts, compression tops, shirts, socks, and cleats) my Adidas stuff has lasted much longer, and I have endured less chaffing, and my biggest comparison... Sprained Ankles Adidas=a few ankle rolls here and there. Nike= sitting out for several weeks with a bum ankle with deep bruising on a couple of different occasions.



So in short at least Adidas doesn't take a piece of crap, put a swoosh on it, and make their money all because of a cult following. Even the utes have it much better with their under armor stuff. To me Nike is barely a step above "Jersey" in quality.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
I like the uniform, hate the helmet.



As far as Nike v. Adidas with respect to shoes. I favor Nike for running shoes, My current basketball shoes are Adidas, as were my last ones. My previous pair of hoops shoes were much better than my current ones. so between them with respect to basketball, I'd call it a draw.



Saucony have been my favorite running shoes, but my current Nike Shox Turbo running shoes are very nice.
J
JamieVallen
ABYUFAN wrote:
I like the uniform, hate the helmet.



As far as Nike v. Adidas with respect to shoes. I favor Nike for running shoes, My current basketball shoes are Adidas, as were my last ones. My previous pair of hoops shoes were much better than my current ones. so between them with respect to basketball, I'd call it a draw.



Saucony have been my favorite running shoes, but my current Nike Shox Turbo running shoes are very nice.

That's fair, my experience is mostly with soccer style cleats but a few different pairs of football ones as well. I actually received two pairs of Nike football cleats from somebody who had connections with BYU football. They were probably worn maybe 4 or 5 times and then they just toss them I guess. They were alright just not very comfortable, and the linings slipped pretty bad and would get stuck between the front where the toe touches. My ankle sprains were with two different Nike soccer cleats one of the pairs being very expensive. I hear the Nike shox are pretty good though.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
trueblue72
Teo looks muy feo! Ugly.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Spaulding actually has some of the best athletic shoes I've ever owned.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
hawkwing wrote:
Spaulding actually has some of the best athletic shoes I've ever owned.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Thats true, I actually had spaulding tennis shoes for tennis when I played in high school and those suckers lasted forever.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I think the pants looks silly, as do the helmets. I much prefer the new Oregon "Donald" unis:



http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ciynswLs5jc/0.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
As usual the new uni gimmick is butt ugly. Same with Oregon, although the orange socks are pretty interesting since it's the only thing duck-like.
J
JamieVallen
^I'm assuming those are a joke? Haha



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
I'll have to say, I'm not a fan of this. Why do schools sell off their traditions and put them in the hands of shoe companies. I'm glad Bronco took a stand when he became our head coach and got most of our tradition back in our uni's. These new uniforms of Notre Dame's look like a circus act.
G
Gunk
In the case of Oregon, Oregon is Nike. Nike funds just about about every facility there, not to mention the gear.



I don't get the constant uni changes. Fine, you want to upgrade to new apparel technology, doesn't mean you have to start sporting duck feet. If I were a player I'd be embarrassed at running around with shoes and socks made to resemble duck feet on television.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I actually don't mind the Notre Dame uniforms. I'd like to see BYU with an alternate helmet too -maybe with the sailor cougar logo.
M
Mingjai
frdbtr wrote:
I'll have to say, I'm not a fan of this. Why do schools sell off their traditions and put them in the hands of shoe companies. I'm glad Bronco took a stand when he became our head coach and got most of our tradition back in our uni's.


That is until BYU takes the field in the long-rumored all-black uniforms, then all that "tradition, spirit, honor" stuff will ring a bit hollow.
S
snoscythe
Lawboy wrote:
BUt hte half gold with it looks stupid.


ND agreed, which is why they went 60/40 instead of half.
F
frdbtr
Mingjai wrote:
I'll have to say, I'm not a fan of this. Why do schools sell off their traditions and put them in the hands of shoe companies. I'm glad Bronco took a stand when he became our head coach and got most of our tradition back in our uni's.


That is until BYU takes the field in the long-rumored all-black uniforms, then all that "tradition, spirit, honor" stuff will ring a bit hollow.




I don't mind color changes as long as the uni's don't look like they would be more comfortable on a circus clown and the Y on the side of the helmet is still a white Y inside a circle. Last year in the armed forces bowl, I wasn't a huge fan of the uni changes but I didn't think they made our guys look like clowns.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
I'll have to say, I'm not a fan of this. Why do schools sell off their traditions and put them in the hands of shoe companies. I'm glad Bronco took a stand when he became our head coach and got most of our tradition back in our uni's. These new uniforms of Notre Dame's look like a circus act.

Thank you. I've said it before. The longer BYU sticks with their "old school" uniforms, the better those uniforms will look.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.