Archived Topic

Harrison transferring = no Parker?

by craigoscarson · 8/13/2012

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
I think Harrison transferring lowers the odds of Jabari Parker coming to the Y. It opens up a scholarship, but it also affects Parker, particularly because he has a social relationship with the Harrison family.



I don't think Harrison was going to be a starter at the Y; it would have been quite the uphil battle competing with Tyler Haws and Kyle Collinsworth for minutes in the future. Harrison is not a 2 and would not be able to beat out Delgado for minutes either.



I do think he has a chance to be a stud by the time he's a senior but his mental game is no where near his physical ability. Clemson can give him the minutes to get better than we simply won't be able to offer in the future.
S
SpiffCoug
Is he still going on a mission?
I
Isola
I don't think it helps BYU's chances with Parker, but then again it seems clear to me that Harrison is transferring because he wants to be close to home and not because he hated it here or Rose is a bad coach.
C
Cougs_Rule
And like Juice, sees the talent around him. I don't think it hurts our chances too bad. JP has a higher order of things than merely sociality.
H
HoosierCougar
Looks like there's more to the story:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/54688973-88/byu-harrison-clemson-carolina.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Home Bishop won't submit mission papers until January. All of the sudden, that gives him time to play the 2012-13 season. But his schollie is gone.



Will he redshirt (or play) 1 year at Clemson (indication is that Clemson will appeal the NCAA to allow him to play immediately) then go on a mission? HoosierCougar editorial: I doubt it.



Is he glad to be close to home? Yes. Clemson is in his home Stake.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Bummer.



A bit more mental game and he would have been a force. I think Harrison is way better than Kyle Colinsworth (no ball handling, poor outside shot, average defense).



I do think this affects the JP odds. Harrison may have great things to say about Rose and BYU, but if Harrison comes back and tells JP that living away from home was hard, etc. that will give JP cause for concern.
I
Isola
Gunk wrote:

I do think this affects the JP odds. Harrison may have great things to say about Rose and BYU, but if Harrison comes back and tells JP that living away from home was hard, etc. that will give JP cause for concern.

I don't see that as an issue. After one year at BYU, Jabari wouldn't be transferring to a Chicago school to be close to home. He'd be going to the NBA and spend 1/2 of the year in whatever city drafts him and another 1/4 of the year on the road.



If he can't hack a year at a school then there is no way he hacks the NBA life.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.