C
crazycougar84601Thought I would share with the group a sligtly amusing story (at least to me)
I work for a company in Sandy that employees about 1,000 folks most of whom are of course ute "fans" I say "fans" because it wasn't until recently many of them have come out of the wood work...with that said...the company selected a few of these employees to put on a company party. I was selected mostly because of what I do for the company to help out. In the planning meetings it came time to make a decision for the color of the team shirt. Of course the team selected red (to easily stand out as team members to help party goers indentify a team member, which is bull because we all know who is who). The head member of the team started going around the room requesting shirt sizes and he came to me. I asked that he not purchase a shirt for me as it would just be wasted. The team looked at me with bewilderment wondering why I would not accept a free company shirt. After a few questions one of the team members announced to the team "oh, wait. He is a BYU fan" in which all of the room went "ohhh" like I had some poor uncurable diesase. I told the team that they selected the color and that I wasn't going to make them change it for who I root for. I would simply show up the day of the event in whatever I choose to wear that day. The Head team memeber then reveled that he to was a cougar fan and said that maybe we should have a couple of different color choices. After a short debate a few of us ended up in Cougar Blue :crazy:
Fast Forward a few weeks
I was asked to participate on a team event (Trapshooting) to represent the company in the Salt Lake County Corporate games. I wasn't going to at first but a good buddy of mine (Who is under some pressure to win the event as another company has won 3 years in a row) talked me into at least trying out for one of the two squads. I went and ended up on the "A Team" winning by a whooping 1 bird. The company provided us with some shirts for the event (thankfully orange, not red) and we went out and won the event by 16 birds. The prize of course was a Gold medal and a blue "Champions" t-shirt, which of course I wore to work the next day. I walked into the HR office just as my buddy is proclaming victory to the HR staff with my shirt and the team member who announced to the party team that I was a BYU fan noticed the color and mentioned "and the shirt is even blue" to which I replied "When your living right on and off the field Magic Happens" :lol: The new HR manager just cracked up and said "I knew there was a reason I liked you!"
Go Cougars!
btw the team who won 3 years in a row (wearing red and white shirts) didn't even medal
I work for a company in Sandy that employees about 1,000 folks most of whom are of course ute "fans" I say "fans" because it wasn't until recently many of them have come out of the wood work...with that said...the company selected a few of these employees to put on a company party. I was selected mostly because of what I do for the company to help out. In the planning meetings it came time to make a decision for the color of the team shirt. Of course the team selected red (to easily stand out as team members to help party goers indentify a team member, which is bull because we all know who is who). The head member of the team started going around the room requesting shirt sizes and he came to me. I asked that he not purchase a shirt for me as it would just be wasted. The team looked at me with bewilderment wondering why I would not accept a free company shirt. After a few questions one of the team members announced to the team "oh, wait. He is a BYU fan" in which all of the room went "ohhh" like I had some poor uncurable diesase. I told the team that they selected the color and that I wasn't going to make them change it for who I root for. I would simply show up the day of the event in whatever I choose to wear that day. The Head team memeber then reveled that he to was a cougar fan and said that maybe we should have a couple of different color choices. After a short debate a few of us ended up in Cougar Blue :crazy:
Fast Forward a few weeks
I was asked to participate on a team event (Trapshooting) to represent the company in the Salt Lake County Corporate games. I wasn't going to at first but a good buddy of mine (Who is under some pressure to win the event as another company has won 3 years in a row) talked me into at least trying out for one of the two squads. I went and ended up on the "A Team" winning by a whooping 1 bird. The company provided us with some shirts for the event (thankfully orange, not red) and we went out and won the event by 16 birds. The prize of course was a Gold medal and a blue "Champions" t-shirt, which of course I wore to work the next day. I walked into the HR office just as my buddy is proclaming victory to the HR staff with my shirt and the team member who announced to the party team that I was a BYU fan noticed the color and mentioned "and the shirt is even blue" to which I replied "When your living right on and off the field Magic Happens" :lol: The new HR manager just cracked up and said "I knew there was a reason I liked you!"
Go Cougars!
btw the team who won 3 years in a row (wearing red and white shirts) didn't even medal

