Archived Topic

Running By Committee...

by BroncoBot · 8/10/2012

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Again. Alisa, Pritchard, Foote, Hine, Williams, Lasike, Mendenhall (and I may be missing a couple).



Blessing or curse? Does BYU have a featured running back (Curtis Brown or Harvey Unga)? Does this limit a player "finding his groove"?



Thoughts, concerns?
S
Schmoe
As long as Alisa stays healthy, I think he gets the majority of the carries this year. That said, I loved it when we had several strong runners (Unga, Tonga, Vakapuna) who could all be a threat out of the backfield.
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
As long as Alisa stays healthy, I think he gets the majority of the carries this year. That said, I loved it when we had several strong runners (Unga, Tonga, Vakapuna) who could all be a threat out of the backfield.

We will frequently have two on the field - FB and RB. So you always want to have a FB that can run block, pass block, pick up a blitz, catch a screen pass, catch other passes, and run over and through people.



Then it would be best to have one dominant RB - hopefully even better than Unga, CB, etc. Luke Staley good or better. Not likely this year or most years at BYU. It would be nice to have an NFL 1st rounder.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
Alisa will get the chance to be that kind of a back. What he does with it will determine whether we resort to committee approach or not.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.