Archived Topic

Basketball Prediction Game

by hawkwing · 11/11/2009

Advertisement
G
Guest
The Basketball Prediction Game is now a reality. You can make your predictions at: http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php



Right now you'll notice that only Bradley is listed as a game, MARS has agreed to enter the rest of the games and take care of the scoring of the questions. So, that will happen as he has time. But you better get started with Bradley right away!



I will not be sending out weekly emails, but you can subscribe to this topic (see the bottom of the topic where it says "Subscribe" and I'll try every week to post a reminder on this topic, which will then email you.



One other note, on the questions that ask you to enter a percentage, please enter that percentage using only # (numbers) and a '.' if necessary. The computer will take your answer and multiply it by 10 to get a number it can work with easier. so 34.5 will turn into 345. 34 will turn into 340. However, 34% will turn into nothing, so be careful!



Enjoy!
M
Mars


Who's in, and how do you like the new men's basketball prediction game?



You can now enter your predictions all the way through the game against Nevada in the Las Vegas Tournament December 22nd if you would like! It's really not a bad idea to pick 2-3 games at a time, or a week's block of games, since they come quicker than the football games do.



http://www.byucougars.com/Schedule.jsp?SP=111&YR=2009



Thanks again to Hawkwing for putting this idea together on such short notice! Should be a fun competition!
A
ABYUFAN
I'm in and I've just used the WAG method to get my Bradley predictions in ;)
M
Mars


Get your prediction for Bradley in while you still can!
B
BroncoBot
Awesome. I'm just mad I missed Bradley.



Basketball predictions are a marathon, not a sprint. I'll be fine with 1 goose-egg.
Advertisement
M
Mars
declocoug wrote:
Awesome. I'm just mad I missed Bradley.



Basketball predictions are a marathon, not a sprint. I'll be fine with 1 goose-egg.

Get your Idaho State predictions in for Tuesday now!
G
Guest
If you haven't done so yet, make sure you get your predictions in for the Hawaii game! Time is running out quickly!
M
Mars


Congrats to newcomer kfilly20, who had the best score prediction for the Hawaii game. Somehow this crazy cat got the exact game score correct. Now he just needs to make his first post, perhaps to gloat or congratulate the losers.

More importantly, I had a better score than Schmoe! :D



Of course, Schmoe is still in 1st place overall... :~(



Next game, Tuesday at 7:00pm at home vs. Southern. Get your picks in NOW!



http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:


Congrats to newcomer kfilly20, who had the best score prediction for the Hawaii game. Somehow this crazy cat got the exact game score correct. Now he just needs to make his first post, perhaps to gloat or congratulate the losers.

More importantly, I had a better score than Schmoe! :D



Of course, Schmoe is still in 1st place overall... :~(



Next game, Tuesday at 7:00pm at home vs. Southern. Get your picks in NOW!



http://www.cougarcorner.com/bball_predictions.php


Wow

3 games in my predictions are consistent AND consistently crappy :skeptic:
M
Mars
ABYUFAN wrote:
Wow! 3 games in my predictions are consistent AND consistently crappy :skeptic:

You know what they say:

"If you can't beat Schmoe, at least you can join him in playing the game."



At least, I think that's how that quote goes...
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I fully expect to drop to the bottom of the rankings by the end of the season, it's a long one. And, like I said, I really don't pay attention to college basketball until after New Year's.
G
Guest
You're running out of time to make your predictions for the USU game.
B
BroncoBot
Thanks Mars,



This is the third week that I've been one point away from winning the high score for that game.



VS Weber St, I score 46- Starge47

Vs SF I score 38 and Kbear scores 39

VS ASU I score 49, Mars scores 50.



But if I can keep this trend up, I'll be sittin pretty at the end of the year.
M
Mars


One suggestion for Hawkwing (maybe for next year):



It would be cool if you had the option, after making your picks, to apply those to the rest of the season. That way if you missed picking an individual game, you still had "base stats" that your account would resort to so you wouldn't score a "0". Because there are a lot more basketball games than football games, and on every day of the week.



I know, it's easier to ask than to code (especially in December!).
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


One suggestion for Hawkwing (maybe for next year):



It would be cool if you had the option, after making your picks, to apply those to the rest of the season. That way if you missed picking an individual game, you still had "base stats" that your account would resort to so you wouldn't score a "0". Because there are a lot more basketball games than football games, and on every day of the week.



I know, it's easier to ask than to code (especially in December!).


Thats a great idea, I can say that because I was already thinking of adding that for next year. ;)
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
I can't see the predictions or make my predictions. Is this site-wide or because I'm using a new computer?
S
snoscythe
declocoug wrote:
I can't see the predictions or make my predictions. Is this site-wide or because I'm using a new computer?


It's the site. We're waiting on hawkwing to get back from Vegas to fix it. Sorry.
B
BroncoBot
I see. I'm heading out soon and won't have a computer around. anything I should do to get my predictions entered before the tipoff?
S
snoscythe
Post your predictions in the thread I have set up for them, and I'll transfer them to the prediction game when the game is up again.
G
Guest
I've made a temporary fix, which should allow the game to continue. I will be finding a more permanent solution over the next several days. Thanks for your patience!
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.