W
wazzufanOpen to anything
by wazzufan · 8/7/2012
YNot wrote:
Who is looking better as QB under the Airraid system? Jeff Tuel or Connor Halliday?
Will Marquess Wilson have more than 120 receptions in 2012? Other than Wilson, who else will catch passes?
YNot wrote:
On the defensive side of the ball, will the defense improve from the 30 points per game it gave up last year? How is the 3-4 scheme looking with returning personnel?
hawkwing wrote:
How do you expect JC transfers to be utilized this year, how many will be starting/playing meaningful minutes?
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Have any of them been locked in a shed so far, or are their fat little girl friends protecting them? ;)
Just kidding. I think you guys got a steal of a coach (in my opinion he got railroaded). How is the offense looking in camp and who will be your star players?
hawkwing wrote:
Where do you think you guys will end up in the Pac12 standings this year?
YNot wrote:
I think this will be a great game, come August 30. Marquess Wilson is legit and it sounds like the tight end and other tall receivers could help Tuel pose an overwhelming challenge to the BYU secondary and linebackers.
I'm expecting both teams to reach the 30-point threshold. I don't know if that qualifies as a shootout or not, but it should be exciting. The amazing atmosphere and 64,000 crowd at Lavell Edwards Stadium and the fact that this will be Mike Leach's first game in a while should tip the game in the BYU Cougars favor. But it will be entertaining. What a great way to kick off the 2012 football season on ESPN!
BroncoBot wrote:
I ended up watching a suprising amount of WSU games last year. I'd go as far as to say the cougars are my favorite red team out there. :D and at least they have a cool mascot.
WSU seemed like BYU's 2005 team. They were good and just lost some games due to inexperience and bad luck, but otherwise better than their record indicated. Tuel seems like a stud of course. I hope they don't follow with a 2006 BYU type team. BUT BYU 2006 did lose their opener on the road (AZ). So it could turn out that they run right through the pac-12 after losing their opener. Which, of course, is what I'm hoping for.
I don't know that I have any questions. Leach is obviously steering your team in the right direction. I love that he's getting rid of the riff-Raff.
Here's a question. How does the offense seem to be integrating the new scheme?
dmcougar wrote:
Here is the evidence to support my prognostication that this isn't even close to a gimme for BYU as some of you have suggested. BYUs offense > WSU's Defense, but by how much? We start slow on offense and i wouldn't call our O under Riley ("every game will be a close game") and Doman prolific...yet.
We better be ready for a shoot out, bc how often is BYU's D good at stopping up tempo offenses with a mobile qb???? Uh, like rarely if ever. If our DB's are not in Their WR's face and we play classic prevent, bend but don't break D, we will be in trouble. We will need Ziggy and KVN off the edges PDQ and Uona and Tree patrolling the middle or their qb will CARVE US A NEW ONE.