Archived Topic

Anyone Else Concerned?

by northerncougar · 8/4/2012

Advertisement
N
northerncougar
About Hoffman and Sampson's time away from practice getting longer? Originally they were supposed to be back today and now it is at least through Monday.



If they can't play we are in very serious trouble...
B
BYULV
I wouldn't say we're in serious trouble without them. We will be very solid at their positions without them, but exceptional with them.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
I wouldn't say we're in serious trouble without them. We will be very solid at their positions without them, but exceptional with them.

For all those fans that are going to judge the season success solely on 4 road games against favored opponents - their absence would justify the serious trouble comment.



But do not fret fans - they will both play - barring injury.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Slightly concerned. Don't know about the offenses, so hard to guesstimate.

However, I wouldn't even come close to saying BYU is not in danger if we lost those two. Are you kidding? With Apo injury prone. Lose those two and this is a very different team. Doman had Staley. Nelson has Hoffman. Gross misjudgement.
M
Mars
BYU minus Hoffman is simply not very good right now. He is our team MVP.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Sounds like Devin Mahina needs to drink more milk. Here comes the injuries and the suspensions. Hopefully, fall camp doesn't weed too many people out.
M
mormonrasta
northerncougar wrote:
About Hoffman and Sampson's time away from practice getting longer? Originally they were supposed to be back today and now it is at least through Monday.



If they can't play we are in very serious trouble...


Yeah I'm concerned.



It's our plight as BYU fans. Our players have more opportunities to "violate team/university rules" because we have more rules than typical college programs.
T
tmoney35
I'm concerned because Hoffman should be a team leader and whatever got in hot water can have more far reaching effects than him just missing a couple practices.
S
SpiffCoug
tmoney35 wrote:
I'm concerned because Hoffman should be a team leader and whatever got in hot water can have more far reaching effects than him just missing a couple practices.

+1.



Any time players miss practice we should be concerned. Things can quickly balloon from missing just one practice to missing several.
D
Dwight
Any one have an idea as to the problem? Hoffman and Sampson have always seemed like solid citizens. I sure as hell hope it is not a long term problem. I will be one bummed out fan if they don't start practicing real soon. So yes, I am very concerned. :skeptic:
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Been told they will be back Tuesday, unless they do not do something asked of them. Also been told it is tied to OC. Not loving that part at all.
N
northerncougar
Lawboy wrote:
Been told they will be back Tuesday, unless they do not do something asked of them. Also been told it is tied to OC. Not loving that part at all.


This is why concern meter has been going crazy the last few days. This has already gone from 1 day of practice to at least through Monday. It will not surprise me at all if this becomes a multiple game issue.



That is how these things go at BYU.
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
Been told they will be back Tuesday, unless they do not do something asked of them. Also been told it is tied to OC. Not loving that part at all.

OC. Leadership at its best. Sheesh. Too bad he could not channel it in a better direction. Maybe they emptied out Bronco's Locker.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dwight
Lawboy wrote:
Been told they will be back Tuesday, unless they do not do something asked of them. Also been told it is tied to OC. Not loving that part at all.


My gut feeling was that it might have had to do with OC. I guess in the end it is not any of our business, but I had really hoped to see OC have a good senior year.
C
Cougarbib
northerncougar wrote:
Been told they will be back Tuesday, unless they do not do something asked of them. Also been told it is tied to OC. Not loving that part at all.


This is why concern meter has been going crazy the last few days. This has already gone from 1 day of practice to at least through Monday. It will not surprise me at all if this becomes a multiple game issue.



That is how these things go at BYU.

These two players have a lot at stake and by now know that Bronco is dead serious about whatever the issue is. I cannot imagine that they won't comply. They are starters.



Given that OC has not been dismissed - maybe he also has a possible road back. Probably a long road. And that road leads to an uphill battle to ever see any PT. Given that I have not heard of any flaming posts from him, he also must be trying not to totally burn the BYU bridge.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
I am extremely concerned. It's hard for me to indicate how concerned I am without coming across as bombastic.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
I am extremely concerned. It's hard for me to indicate how concerned I am without coming across as bombastic.

let's hear it!
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
I am extremely concerned. It's hard for me to indicate how concerned I am without coming across as bombastic.

LOL

Now why are you going to let that stop you this time.



:) :) :)



PS - yes, I was so curious, that I looked it up
C
Cougs_Rule
I wonder, repeat wonder, that if in fact their discipline was related to OC and OC is now gone, that OC committed an offense that The two knew about but failed to report per team expectations. Otherwise, if they were involved with whatever infraction/action by OC, they would have suffered a similar fate. Big sigh of relief if they show up tomorrow, which I fully expect they will.
N
northerncougar
This is getting worser and worser...



I've seen this movie at BYU before (multiple times) and the ending completely and totally sucks.



http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.