Archived Topic

Tanner Shipley decommits

by tmoney35 · 7/27/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
'I jumped on it and kind of made a quick decision, Shipley said. All this time that I had thinking about it just made me think, Why am I not looking at other schools?



Shipley said the Cougars are still right at the top of his list, but he is now also looking at Oregon State and Wyoming.



Ive got to make this decision with my family and really analyze it, because this is a life decision and Ive got to do whats right for me, he said. I just think it was too quick."'
J
jonnylingo
I think he wants more and is probably expecting some new offers. He just realized his stock went up and he wants to enjoy it. i wouldn't pull his offer but I would offer it elsewhere and state that if someone else accepts its gone.
C
Cougarpoke
I think he is considered one of the best receivers in the west. I sincerely hope he still comes to BYU. However, these kinds of things happen all the time. A player commits, changes his mind, and is off to somewhere else. That is the nature of the beast. At the end of the day, one player does not make a football team. I would love to see him a cougar.
A
ABYUFAN
Decommits for Wyoming???? :bug: :gross: :skeptic:
Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
Wyoming appears to be an option for him, not his choice. I think Shipley is getting some attention from P12 schools and other bigger name programs, and therefore that lead to his decommitment.
V
vancouvercougar
Is Tanner a better receiver than new commit Michael Davis? Maybe Tanner Thinks he can do better than BYU but he might be left out while BYU moves on with other players.
S
scott715
Scout has Davis a little higher rated by Scout and faster but who knows.
G
Gunk
I thought Bronco wasn't a fan of this. I hope Bronco doesn't hold his scholarship and while Shipley is off looking Bronco is off looking too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
I thought Bronco wasn't a fan of this. I hope Bronco doesn't hold his scholarship and while Shipley is off looking Bronco is off looking too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This. Keep in touch. Have a heart to heart at some point. Then fish or cut bait - both sides.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Well Shipley's decided that BYU is where he wants to play. Welcome to BYU buddy!
D
Ddawg
BroncoBot wrote:
Well Shipley's decided that BYU is where he wants to play. Welcome to BYU buddy!


Being indecisive ..... not a good trait. But, if he simply reflected and realized the Y is where he wants to make his mark. Great. Welcome aboard!
B
BroncoBot
Ddawg wrote:
Well Shipley's decided that BYU is where he wants to play. Welcome to BYU buddy!


Being indecisive ..... not a good trait. But, if he simply reflected and realized the Y is where he wants to make his mark. Great. Welcome aboard!

I'll cut the kid some slack. Huge decision. If he wanted to make sure BYU was the right place and took a little extra time to come to that conclusion, good for him.



Expecting big things out of this kid. Shaping up to be a good class.
M
Mars


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.


Since Riley was never going to throw to him under any circumstance, while funny, this statement actually doesn't make any sense.
D
Ddawg
frdbtr wrote:


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.


Since Riley was never going to throw to him under any circumstance, while funny, this statement actually doesn't make any sense.


A classic Mars sarcastic zinger. Very funny - to me. But, I am sick & twisted. Post of the day in my book. A good giggler.
S
scott715
We need someone to take Hoffman's place in the offense.
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
Mars wrote:


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.


Since Riley was never going to throw to him under any circumstance, while funny, this statement actually doesn't make any sense.


A classic Mars sarcastic zinger. Very funny - to me. But, I am sick & twisted. Post of the day in my book. A good giggler.


I propose that be Mars' new nickname, 'the giggler'
B
BoiseBYU
frdbtr wrote:


De-commits after watching Riley as BYU's QB.

Re-commits after watching Lark at QB.



Makes sense.


Since Riley was never going to throw to him under any circumstance, while funny, this statement actually doesn't make any sense.


Actually, saw BYU run its QB 19 times a game. Decommits



Saw BYU run its traditional offense. Commits
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.