Archived Topic

Congrats from a Texas Longhorn

by hookemhorns · 7/25/2012

Advertisement
H
hookemhorns
Hi, haven't been here for a while. Looking at future opponents schedules and must say your 2013 schedule looks like NDs! You guys adding the Badgers is awesome. Looking forward to our game against you in 2013. My son and I plan on flying out to Provo for the game and wearing our burnt orange proudly! :) Hopefully we'll be in the hunt for the NC that year if all goes to plan and am expecting nothing less than a tough, fundamentally sound BYU team.



Question: How's the tailgating over there by your stadium. Yes, we do drink a little and love BBQ. Is alcohol ok outside your stadium? Stupid question I guess, but not sure about the rules ya'll have over there. Hear your stadium is gorgeous too!



Hope all is well and good luck and good health for your Cougars this year.



Hook em'

Steven
M
Mars
hookemhorns wrote:
Question: How's the tailgating over there by your stadium.

Uh.......
H
hookemhorns
Uh oh! Something I said or asked? ;)
C
Cougarfan87
Mars wrote:
Question: How's the tailgating over there by your stadium.

Uh.......


What he said...but you can enjoy the beautiful mountains.



In all seriousness, there isn't much of a gameday tradition at Lavell Edwards Stadium. But there are a lot of other really cool things to see and do while you are in the area. I'll let someone else address those since I haven't lived there for over ten years.
H
hookemhorns
Ok, thank you! Again, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers. The furthest I've ever been into Utah is Moab, so frankly, I am not sure what to expect when we get to Provo except I'm sure there are a lot of Mormons. ;)
Advertisement
M
Mars
hookemhorns wrote:
Ok, thank you! Again, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers. The furthest I've ever been into Utah is Moab, so frankly, I am not sure what to expect when we get to Provo except I'm sure there are a lot of Mormons. ;)

Try contacting the experts: https://www.facebook.com/cougar.tailgating" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/tailgatingbyu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



And here is some general stadium information: http://www.tailgatewiki.com/view.cfm/NCAA%20Football/BYU/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
H
hookemhorns
Cool, thanks a ton and this should help.
B
byucougar1
We have very good ice cream - not on par with Blue Bell but pretty darn near as good. You will enjoy the hospitality and decent eateries. Mountain backdrop is outstanding - you will like the rarified air. Check out our new scoreboards and compare the noise level if we score early and often - it will rival what I heard from UT fans 4th quater in Austin 2011.
C
Cougarbib
I do not know the exact rules - but I would expect a no alcohol rule for sure anywhere on BYU or LDS Church property. Although they do not exactly give sobriety checks at the gate, if a fan shows up in a condition indicating that they have had a little too much to drink, they will most likely not be admitted into the stadium.



I would highly recommend that you show up to the game stone, cold sober and enjoy the game and the spectacular mountains.



Then once the game is over - there are places to grab a beer and some restaurants that have a license to serve alcohol.



Now - if Texas ever comes to play the Utes - whole different story. The parking lot will be filled with tailgaters and I have seen some with tickets that were so drunk they didn't even want to go into the stadium.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
imuakahuku
hookemhorns wrote:
Ok, thank you! Again, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers. The furthest I've ever been into Utah is Moab, so frankly, I am not sure what to expect when we get to Provo except I'm sure there are a lot of Mormons. ;)


Hey Hookem you didn't ruffle any feathers. We may not drink and it is not allowed on campus nor in the stadium or parking lot. But you won't "offend" anyone (at least not on this board) just because you enjoy a brew now and again. On thing about us on this board is that we usually ass/u/me others understand when what we post is TIC. We don't label them as much as we should. Good luck and hope you enjoy the game! You will get to meet some of the nicest fans around and should be more than gracious. Of course there is always those few that try to be funny but they are usually not encouraged so they will generally shut up about things.

I haven't been to a game in a while but I must warn you that unless there have been drastic changes you will most likely see a fair amount of teenagers there in pink polo's with the collar turned up. Just ignore them, they are they scoping the girls and probably don't even know who BYU is playing.

Also, you will probably sit near some fairly intelligent fans and this should lead to a nice discussion about the two teams and thier respective futures etc.
Advertisement
M
Mars
imuakahuku wrote:
You will most likely see a fair amount of teenagers there in pink polo's with the collar turned up. Just ignore them, they are they scoping the girls and probably don't even know who BYU is playing. Also, you will probably sit near some fairly intelligent fans and this should lead to a nice discussion about the two teams and thier respective futures etc.

But which is Imua?
B
byucougar1
The intelligent fan with the blue BYU polo shirt :-)
C
CAFB_04-12
One of my favorite things to do when I visit an away stadium is to go to the team's football museum if it's near the stadium. BYU has a great athletic museum where you can see the national championship trophy, the Detmer Heisman, the Staley Doak Walker, and one of Shawn Bradley's shoes! It's a bit of a hike from the stadium, but if you have time it's really worth it.
I
imuakahuku
Mars wrote:
You will most likely see a fair amount of teenagers there in pink polo's with the collar turned up. Just ignore them, they are they scoping the girls and probably don't even know who BYU is playing. Also, you will probably sit near some fairly intelligent fans and this should lead to a nice discussion about the two teams and thier respective futures etc.

But which is Imua?


The girl being scoped of course! ;)
H
hookemhorns
Hey thanks imuakahuku! Yeah, I like a cold brew every once and a while for sure and thanks for the info. I'm already looking at booking flights, hotel, car, etc. We are Longhorn season ticket holders so I'm hoping I get some kind of deal!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.