Archived Topic

Rate the Dark Knight Rises

by snoscythe · 7/20/2012

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I don't expect a lot of action on this until Sunday-ish, but curious to see what everyone thinks about the latest superhyped series finale. Will it be Return of the King? Toy Story III?
S
SpiffCoug
Hitting the 5pm show tomorrow!
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Hitting the 5pm show tomorrow!

5:10 for me!
S
Schmoe
Midnight showing for me!
G
Guest
I'll be seeing the 11:45am show Saturday.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
The Dark Knight Rises was a very good film, and after seeing Anne Hathaway's performance, I'm convinced that Christopher Nolan gets the best out of his actors of any modern director, but The Dark Knight is the best of the series.
S
SpiffCoug
Too bad there are stupid people out there who ruin great events like this.



How sad is the tragedy in Colorado?!
D
Ddawg
A tragedy in Aurora, Colorado. Another troubled soul preying on innocent people. Unconscionable.



Actions like this cannot be understood or explained. Some folks are just messed up in their heads and angry. They feel the need to strike out, and they attack innocent people.
S
SpiffCoug
I guess he was one of those who just wanted to see the world burn.
G
Guest
Terrible.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Saw it last night. Enjoyed it. I thought it was a bit long - which took away from it's overall strength. I thought the Matthew Modine (acting police commissioner) didn't add much to the film. They could have cut his character and shortened the film and it would have been stronger.



Anne Hatheway did a fine job and looked quite fine in the catwoman suit. Enjoyed her character and portrayal.



Joseph Gordon-Leavitt is really good. He's become a fine actor since being a young kid in 3rd Rock from the Sun.



Bain was good. Thought his voice box was distracting and tough to understand at times.



Good film. Not as dark as the previous one. I would have been more comfortable bringing a pre-teen to this one than the last one.



Two thumbs up.
G
Guest
I saw it this morning. Thought the movie was really good, but not great. Bain's look was amazing but the voice was hard to understand at times and I missed a few lines of his dialog because I just couldn't understand what he said. That said, he was a very solid badguy and I enjoyed his performance very well. Of course, speaking of crazy voices Batman's voice is not quite as over the top as the last movie but it's still a little cheesy for me.



Anne Hatheway as the catwoman was great, in fact, in terms of female actors, this movie had the best of the previous dark knight movies, which was very nice.



I really enjoy the actor that Joseph Gordon-Leavitt has become and he does not disappoint at all in this movie. He's going to do some really great things.



Over all, a good, solid movie. Very enjoyable. It will probably land in my top 5 movies of the year, but certainly not as the #1.
S
SpiffCoug
I think I enjoyed the Avengers more. The Avengers was more fun in my mind, even though TDKR was probably a better movie.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think I enjoyed the Avengers more. The Avengers was more fun in my mind, even though TDKR was probably a better movie.

I agree. The Avengers was definitely more fun and I'm sure I'll watch it more tha the Dark Knight Rises.
M
Mars


Wow. I thought this movie was phenomenal. And that Avengers kinda sucked. Space ships with mouths?
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I thought it was fantastic, though I admit checking the exits far more frequently than I ever have before. Tied all three movies together in a phenomenal fashion, and Nolan did a good job of tipping his hat to Batman lore throughout.



Anne Hathaway was a pleasant surprise in that she did not suck. I don't know that I liked her in the role, but she didn't ruin anything.



A few inconsistencies, but that's hard to avoid in a three-film series you are trying to wind up.
M
Metal Bubba
Too long and too busy. Could only understand about 3/4 of what Bane said. Hathaway looked great in the suit, but she's a mediocre actress. I guessed the twist at the end long before it happened. I'd tell you how I knew, but my explanation would act as a spoiler. I'd grade the individual movies in the trilogy thusly:



Batman Begins B

Dark Knight A

Dark Knight Rises B-



For comparison's sake, I'd grade the other comic book movies of 2012 like this:



Spiderman B

Avengers B



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Metal Bubba wrote:
Too long and too busy. Could only understand about 3/4 of what Bane said. Hathaway looked great in the suit, but she's a mediocre actress. I guessed the twist at the end long before it happened. I'd tell you how I knew, but my explanation would act as a spoiler. I'd grade the individual movies in the trilogy thusly:



Batman Begins B

Dark Knight A

Dark Knight Rises B-



For comparison's sake, I'd grade the other comic book movies of 2012 like this:



Spiderman B

Avengers B



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I have to agree here, the foreshadowing felt a little heavy handed and ham fisted. But I still liked the movie a lot.
S
snoscythe
I think when it's that obvious you are prohibited from referring to it as foreshadowing



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
I think when it's that obvious you are prohibited from referring to it as foreshadowing



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Ha!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.