Archived Topic

Latest BYUtv Sports Commercial with Cody Hoffman

by byucougar1 · 7/16/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq8BWJAUHSY&feature=youtu.be



Fun stuff.
A
ABYUFAN
Who's the beareded guy who calls both RIley and Cody "you dog you"? It must be some sort of inside joke...
B
byucougar1
From what I understand...that is a common phrase used by players from the Logan area: Riley, Falslev...
C
Cougs_Rule
Am I just a total kill-joy? Have I become so negative and pessimistic that I can't just enjoy some simple commercial entertainment such as this?

I mean, c'mon! Who is writing this stuff? Is this somebody's sophomore project (I won't even dignify it by calling it a Sr project).

The graphics and filming are great. Love the HD. But the writing...really??
A
ABYUFAN
dmcougar wrote:
Am I just a total kill-joy? Have I become so negative and pessimistic that I can't just enjoy some simple commercial entertainment such as this?

I mean, c'mon! Who is writing this stuff? Is this somebody's sophomore project (I won't even dignify it by calling it a Sr project).

The graphics and filming are great. Love the HD. But the writing...really??

In answer to your questions... Yes. Yes you are... lighten up ;)
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
I don't get it. Is Hoffman threatening the George McFly character for not having his TPS report completed?



Does this replace the Cosmo video?
D
Dwight
OK. So it is now time for a Van Noy commercial. It should be kind of like this:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSpAsJSZPc



;)
S
snoscythe
I guess the janitor has a beard-card, either that or they make exceptions for The Most Interesting Man in the World.
J
JamieVallen
dmcougar wrote:
Am I just a total kill-joy? Have I become so negative and pessimistic that I can't just enjoy some simple commercial entertainment such as this?

I mean, c'mon! Who is writing this stuff? Is this somebody's sophomore project (I won't even dignify it by calling it a Sr project).

The graphics and filming are great. Love the HD. But the writing...really??

I liked the Riley one but this one was pretty awful... Im sort of embarrassed for BYUtv by putting this one out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
jmvcougar wrote:
Am I just a total kill-joy? Have I become so negative and pessimistic that I can't just enjoy some simple commercial entertainment such as this?

I mean, c'mon! Who is writing this stuff? Is this somebody's sophomore project (I won't even dignify it by calling it a Sr project).

The graphics and filming are great. Love the HD. But the writing...really??

I liked the Riley one but this one was pretty awful... Im sort of embarrassed for BYUtv by putting this one out.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I am more embarrassed for Hoffman. He was just following instructions and they do this to him.



I haven't followed batman the last 20 years. Last one I saw was the one with Val Kilmer and Nicole Kidman. Maybe for the batman fans this is hilarious, but I didn't get it.



Riley's was at least a clear spoof of ESPN, and I understood the high five joke at the end.
Advertisement
G
Guest
You haven't followed any of the latest Batman movies? Nerd!
S
Schmoe
Wow, some of you guys are real wet blankets.
S
snoscythe
Re-watched it, and Hoffman is now my 2nd favorite Christian Bale Batman impersonator, right after Abed Nadir.



[youtube]D9A-APD0OBA[/youtube]
W
Wickchad
Anyone have the link to Riley's commercial?
A
ABYUFAN
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Anyone have the link to Riley's commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a1uO414mnQ
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Riley's was definitely better, but it was probably about 30 seconds too long...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.