Archived Topic

Ron Paul Falls Short

by snoscythe · 7/15/2012

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
After Mitt goes to prison for his felony for filing false forms to the SEC, the GOP will have to nominate Ron Paul.



This is all just part of his plan.
D
Ddawg
SpiffCoug wrote:
After Mitt goes to prison for his felony for filing false forms to the SEC, the GOP will have to nominate Ron Paul.



This is all just part of his plan.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Good zinger. I nominate - Post of the Day.
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
After Mitt goes to prison for his felony for filing false forms to the SEC, the GOP will have to nominate Ron Paul.



This is all just part of his plan.


If you think this latest Bain fight is just about SEC forms, outsourcing, or corporate raiders, the Chicago misdirection is working. Team Obama needs to put Romney at Bain for their ace-up-the-sleeve from their opposition research to payoff in October or November. The Bain debate is not about the ostensible arguments of outsourcing, greed, vulture capitalism, or even felonies. It's about abortion, and for that attack to hit home late in the game, Obama needs to win the argument that Romney was at Bain from 1999 to 2002 right now so that his last hit won't be muddled by trying to have this debate then.



In late 1999, Bain invested in Stericycle--a medical waste firm who disposed of, among all other sorts of medical waste, aborted fetuses. Imagine the late-season TV ads hitting with fellow GOP candidates accusations of flip flopping, anything for a profit, and other sound bites from their attacks on Romney, and then they play the most recent quotes from Romney about his stance against abortion, but then they follow that with his profiting off of abortion via Bain--Stericycle, and then they play his apparently proabortion quotes from his Massachusetts governor campaign. It could have devastating impact even with the GOP base, but they have to set the table for it right now for it to land with impact in a debate or in a late-cycle TV run. That's why Obama will never apologize for the Bain line, and it's why Obama keeps running the same disproven claims that Romney was at Bain at the time. Obama needs Romney at Bain in late 1999, and Romney needs to be out of Bain before then. And this is not something you can preemptively address without making yourself look extremely week at this stage, so the fight becomes all about Romney's departure date from Bain.
S
SpiffCoug
Yeah, I heard about this.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Excellent political insight Sno. Where did you get that? I don't doubt it at all. It sounds like Chicago politics at it's best. Serious bare knuckle politics.



It's the first I have heard of this company (Stericycle) - and I follow the presidential politics pretty close.
S
snoscythe
Ddawg wrote:
Excellent political insight Sno. Where did you get that? I don't doubt it at all. It sounds like Chicago politics at it's best. Serious bare knuckle politics.



It's the first I have heard of this company (Stericycle) - and I follow the presidential politics pretty close.


It's on the fringes of the Progressive media--blogs etc. with die-hards for Obama angry that he hasn't done anything with it as of yet. I think Politico or one of the closer-to-center outlets ran a short column on it this last week as well.
D
Ddawg
Sno - you need to be an insider and strategy advisor for the Romney campaign. They seem to be faltering lately. I don't know if they are doing the old "Rope a Dope" or what. But, it's getting close to the last stretch. Not much time to waste in a "neck and neck" race - especially against a talented campaigned like Obama. He can't govern worth a darn - but he sure can win campaigns!



Once the Olympics are over, I think Romney announces his VP and kicks it into high gear. I hope Romney's team can match "blow for blow" with those Chicago thugs. They are deceitful, but talented scoundrels.



I'm nervous.
S
snoscythe
I think the VP nomination comes a day or two ahead of the Olympics to get all the free exposure they can get before the media starts focusing elsewhere--have that be the last taste in voters' mouths before they "fast" from presidential race coverage. If they wait til after, the nomination will be mixed in and clouded by all the build-up to the conventions.
D
Ddawg
Interesting. Obviously it's a judgement call. Certainly it's all about exposure and dominating the news cycle. I hope Romney's inner circle is up to the challenge and does not get out maneuvered.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.