dmcougar wrote:
"Clearlyutah decided to take off two years?"
Bib, I'm not sure that is accurate or clear. Your roots might be serving as blinders. You afford too much credit to your alma mater.
Unless you have quotes from the liars-- oh wait those aren't very reliable either.
They were dumping us like an old hag. Until some in their alumni and or donors protested.
I also don't think you can definitively conclude that it is a 2 year hiatus.
If their fears come true and they miss a bowl because of a 7th loss to byu, it will be over.
Further, as much as I hope for 3 wins, to think that the rivalry is being deeply harmed bc of several losses, is not historically accurate. Otherwise Lavels domination during utahs down years would have ended it.
Yes - except
We play them in 2012, 2013, two year hiatus, and 2016. I agree - who knows what comes after that. Three losses gives them a good excuse if they are looking for 1.
Yes - except BYU and U were in the same conference when Lavell dominated and when Urban dominated, and when U dominated pre-lavell.
U has scheduled themselves into mediocrity and irrelevance. As long as BYU does not make the same mistake - the rivalry will not go away. U fans will want to put us back in our place.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">