Archived Topic

2014 - Matt Bushman - WR/TE

by byucougar1 · 7/12/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
According to Talo Steves, BYU is taking a good look at 6-4, 204-pound receiver who has a brother currently playing in Provo.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I like tall receivers, especially tall receivers with wheels... I wonder what this guy has
B
BroncoBot
Tall, fast, short, slow.... Don't matter as much to me anymore. Just give me great hands, good routes and desire.
B
byucougar1
He also plays QB at Sabino HS in Tucson, AZ. The SO. Is teammate with Andrew Mike who is also being recruited by BYU. He is a very talented 3 sport athlete that can run, jump, throw and catch with the best.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
The boys I work with in YMs play against these guys. I guess I'll have to make sure I go the their game against Sabino.



He looks pretty good. So does Andrew Mike the RT in the video here:



http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sabino-sabercats-(tucson,az" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)/videos.htm
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
BYU extended a football scholarship to Matt Bushman. He is now listed at 6-5, 215-pounds and will play tight end. He has also received offers from Colorado, Arizona and Utah.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Can block and catch - what a combo.
B
byucougar1
Bushman was offered a scholarship to play BYU football and received a baseball scholarship.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Committed today. Will serve a mission first. Then return and maybe also play baseball.
J
jvquarterback
That's great Matt is going on a mission. Good get. Hopefully we land a better TE in Luatua. Keeping my fingers crossed for Mama as well.
B
byucougar1
Looks like we are getting a player that broke all of the pass catching records at his H.S. and a kid that is an exceptional individual.



His coach states, "Matt is one of the finest young men I've every coach and what he's done on the field is truly exceptional...He'll leave Sabino High holding almost every pass catching record imaginable and I can't say enough about him as a person both on and off the field. BYU is getting a tremendous athlete and a great kid with great character"



Sounds like the type of TE that we want...also another two-three sport athlete.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.