Archived Topic

It never gets old

by tmoney35 · 7/11/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Just in case you're not a regular reader of the BYU Police beat, here are some real doozies from June:


A person got injured while at the intramural fields because of getting sunscreen in their eyes. When an officer arrived on the scene, he did not see anything because the incident had been treated and the person was gone.

Someone actually called the police for this. I hope by "the incident had been treated", what they meant was, "the person stopped being such a little girl a got over it". Unless of course, it actually was a little girl...


A person called reporting a man wearing a white long-sleeve shirt and riding a purple bicycle. The police arrived on the scene and did not find anyone. There are no suspects.

Hide your kids, hide your wife!



http://universe.byu.edu/index.php/2012/07/10/police-beat-man-arrested-had-two-warrants/
G
Guest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
D
Ddawg
Ha! I love the Antoine Dodson video - it never gets old - very funny. :lol: :lol:



As for the BYU cops - Hmmmm. I worked for 7 years as a cop in South Central L.A. before moving on. I have to bite my tongue every time I see those guys in action. But - when you work as a cop in an environment where these is essentially no real crime - you get what you get.
B
BroncoBot
Ddawg wrote:
Ha! I love the Antoine Dodson video - it never gets old - very funny. :lol: :lol:



As for the BYU cops - Hmmmm. I worked for 7 years as a cop in South Central L.A. before moving on. I have to bite my tongue every time I see those guys in action. But - when you work as a cop in an environment where these is essentially no real crime - you get what you get.

I bet you've got some great stories from those 7 years.
D
Ddawg
BroncoBot wrote:
Ha! I love the Antoine Dodson video - it never gets old - very funny. :lol: :lol:



As for the BYU cops - Hmmmm. I worked for 7 years as a cop in South Central L.A. before moving on. I have to bite my tongue every time I see those guys in action. But - when you work as a cop in an environment where these is essentially no real crime - you get what you get.



I bet you've got some great stories from those 7 years.


My Brutha - it was life @ 10,000 rpm. I made 3-5 felony arrests every night - none from calls. All from digging and scratching - good police work. It was a war zone. I have lots of inside scoop - none I would post here - statute of limitations and all. Ha ha ha!!
Advertisement
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Ha! I love the Antoine Dodson video - it never gets old - very funny. :lol: :lol:



As for the BYU cops - Hmmmm. I worked for 7 years as a cop in South Central L.A. before moving on. I have to bite my tongue every time I see those guys in action. But - when you work as a cop in an environment where these is essentially no real crime - you get what you get.



I bet you've got some great stories from those 7 years.


My Brutha - it was life @ 10,000 rpm. I made 3-5 felony arrests every night - none from calls. All from digging and scratching - good police work. It was a war zone. I have lots of inside scoop - none I would post here - statute of limitations and all. Ha ha ha!!


I'm glad you made it out alive man, I bet some nights it was closer than you even realize!
D
Ddawg
Hawk-Dawg, I'm sure you're right. Some close calls I didn't know about.



But, some of those close calls I was fully aware of. Especially when you are on your back, in a dark alley, fighting over your gun with a large, violent suspect that outweighs you by 35 lbs. and looks like he belongs in the NFL. It get's dicey - and it's very intense. Either you win, or you never go home. Pretty cut and dry.
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
Some of those close calls I was fully aware of. Especially when you are on your back, in a dark alley, fighting over your gun with a large, violent suspect that outweighs you by 35 lbs. and looks like he belongs in the NFL.

Tayvon?
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
Some of those close calls I was fully aware of. Especially when you are on your back, in a dark alley, fighting over your gun with a large, violent suspect that outweighs you by 35 lbs. and looks like he belongs in the NFL.

Tayvon?

Haha, that's so bad.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
Some of those close calls I was fully aware of. Especially when you are on your back, in a dark alley, fighting over your gun with a large, violent suspect that outweighs you by 35 lbs. and looks like he belongs in the NFL.

Tayvon?


LOL! Close - very close. What saved my bacon more than once was the Calvary charging in at that "critical" time. The truth is, I am alive today because of very timely intervention, at the very last moment on several occasions. It was never boring. Life on the edge.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
LOL! Close - very close. What saved my bacon more than once was the Calvary charging in at that "critical" time. The truth is, I am alive today because of very timely intervention, at the very last moment on several occasions. It was never boring. Life on the edge.

I bet you'd be a kick to hang out with. Do you still live in California? And are you a new Steve Nash fan?
D
Ddawg
Actually - yes I still live in Southern Calif. I live about 45 min East of L.A. in Glendora. And, I still work in the ghetto (Inglewood - about 8 min. East from LAX). Lots of stories. It's a violent place.



As for Steve Nash, I am a HUGE Steve Nash fan. But, this is where it becomes complicated - I am not a Lakers fan. I look at the Lakers about the same way I look at the Yewts. Arrogant, spoiled, a feeling of entitlement. Basically, I like any team that beats the Lakers, except the Miami Heat (Mongo not like the Heat at all).



I may be coming up to the Sacrament area in the next 3-4 weeks. Don't you live up that way?
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
I may be coming up to the Sacrament area in the next 3-4 weeks. Don't you live up that way?

Used to, grew up there, but moved to Utah. I live in Utah County now. Parents and sister are still out there though. What's the visit for?
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
I may be coming up to the Sacrament area in the next 3-4 weeks. Don't you live up that way?

Used to, grew up there, but moved to Utah. I live in Utah County now. Parents and sister are still out there though. What's the visit for?


I have a Harley and a Harley buddy of mine lives up there. I am trying to ride up that way for a visit. If you still lived up there I'd stop by and say "hey." I love to get out on the open road on my Harley and scoot.



But, I have a son going to UVU, and a brother that lives in Provo. I should be coming up to the Provo area in the next 3 weeks for a visit to. Lunch on me. I'm an In-N-Out nut job. Double-Double, animal style - with "whole grill onion." Bam!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.