T
tmoney35...are they always leaving so much money on the table?
I'm talking about the ruling class of CFB.
With the BCS, there was one game that mattered. Could they not see how having 3 or more games that REALLY mattered would've generated more money? I usually watched the BCS NC game, but rarely any other BCS bowls because they just didn't matter. If those other bowls were part of a playoff, you better believe I'd watch every single one. I bet there are millions more like me in that respect.
So they wisened up right? Barely. Yes, the 4 team playoff will create tons of buzz and way more people will watch those 3 games than all the previous BCS bowls combined, but why only 4? CBB almost expanded its tourney to 96 freakin' teams a few years ago because they know that we love playoffs and we watch playoffs and the more playoff games there are the more money they get. Three playoff games?! Do they not realize how much more money they could get with an 8 or 12 team playoff? I personally think 12 is ideal, like in the NFL.
Now, with the rest of the bowls. Instead of 30-40 bowls with stupid contracts with specific teams/conference that nobody watches except for a few diehards from respective team's fanbases, why not make it a tiered system?
Since the relegation system for college football is too radical of a change, just take the 30-40 bowl games and split them into 4-5 tiers. The top tier would be a playoff for the NC. This would create huge amounts of fan interest for the top 60ish teams instead of just the top-10. Fans all across the country would watch with abated breath as their teams fought to get into that next tier up.
So, to repeat the original question, why do the ruling powers of CFB continue to refuse to implement a postseason that would generate the most interest and money?
Or, do you think I'm way off base and a 12 team playoff with a tiered bowl system would be a disaster?
I'm talking about the ruling class of CFB.
With the BCS, there was one game that mattered. Could they not see how having 3 or more games that REALLY mattered would've generated more money? I usually watched the BCS NC game, but rarely any other BCS bowls because they just didn't matter. If those other bowls were part of a playoff, you better believe I'd watch every single one. I bet there are millions more like me in that respect.
So they wisened up right? Barely. Yes, the 4 team playoff will create tons of buzz and way more people will watch those 3 games than all the previous BCS bowls combined, but why only 4? CBB almost expanded its tourney to 96 freakin' teams a few years ago because they know that we love playoffs and we watch playoffs and the more playoff games there are the more money they get. Three playoff games?! Do they not realize how much more money they could get with an 8 or 12 team playoff? I personally think 12 is ideal, like in the NFL.
Now, with the rest of the bowls. Instead of 30-40 bowls with stupid contracts with specific teams/conference that nobody watches except for a few diehards from respective team's fanbases, why not make it a tiered system?
Since the relegation system for college football is too radical of a change, just take the 30-40 bowl games and split them into 4-5 tiers. The top tier would be a playoff for the NC. This would create huge amounts of fan interest for the top 60ish teams instead of just the top-10. Fans all across the country would watch with abated breath as their teams fought to get into that next tier up.
So, to repeat the original question, why do the ruling powers of CFB continue to refuse to implement a postseason that would generate the most interest and money?
Or, do you think I'm way off base and a 12 team playoff with a tiered bowl system would be a disaster?

