Archived Topic

Ziggy Ansah DL or Linebacker this year?

by Dwight · 7/5/2012

Advertisement
D
Dwight
I saw a video that said last spring he was being trained as a defensive lineman and as an outside linebacker. What is he going to play? Any chances for a break out year? He seems to have a very understated demeanor. Does he have the aggresive instincts of a defensive player (Bronco style)?
G
Guest
I'm afraid he lacks the killer instincts and aggression to ever break out. Watching him play he seems a little lackadaisical, maybe from not knowing where he's supposed to be, or just not having good football instincts yet, or a lack of desire, I don't know.



I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I think he's a guy with all the physical tools, but a lack of desire to make it all come together, which isn't his fault either, having never known the game before 2 years ago. Hard to fault a guy for not jumping in with both feet.
L
Lawboy
Look for him to play on passing downs this year as a lineman. He may see some action as a pass rushing OLB as well. But I suspect he will see most of his time as a pass rushing DE. HE played and practiced with that group in the spring practice.
C
Cougs_Rule
He lacked no aggression or effort on kick-offs where the role he played was very specific and easy to follow. I believe that he had to play somewhat tentative as DL or LB bc he was burned so many times by going all out. Definitely a skills and knowledge gap; and maybe a decision making skill as well.
M
Mars


Was it last year's fall camp where Ziggy was bragged to be "unblockable"?
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:


Was it last year's fall camp where Ziggy was bragged to be "unblockable"?

yes. Had a TON of sacks.
T
trueblue72
He is and will be a special team guy and a situational player at best. Unless there are drastic changes to his game I don't see much impact by him this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
His run-d is atrocious and is what is keeping him off the field.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
4
49erCoug
dmcougar wrote:
He lacked no aggression or effort on kick-offs where the role he played was very specific and easy to follow. I believe that he had to play somewhat tentative as DL or LB bc he was burned so many times by going all out. Definitely a skills and knowledge gap; and maybe a decision making skill as well.


He maybe didn't lack aggression... but he lacked the skill set.. I watched with great anticipation every kick off for Ziggy to run down and just clean someones clock.. it never came.. far too often a very small block got him knocked off his route and he never got it back...



He has all the physical tools to be a beast... He lacks the experience and killer instinct to reach it...
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


Was it last year's fall camp where Ziggy was bragged to be "unblockable"?


Ouch. What does that say about our offensive line.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:


Was it last year's fall camp where Ziggy was bragged to be "unblockable"?


It was never reported in the media that he was unblockable so if it was "bragged" it was done by a fan who went to camp and made his/her own observation. I do remember reports that KVN was unblockable last year in fall camp though.
S
scott715
It was on this website based on his stats at camp. He had a lot of hand sacks or in the vicinity whistles protecting the QB.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.