Archived Topic

Long time listener, first time caller

by Y 4 Ever · 11/10/2009

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
OK, not exactly true. But making the migration to Cougar Corner. After getting the word "IDIOT" censored repeatedly at that other place, thought I'd give this a shot. Nice to see some familiar faces around here. So what's it like over here?
I
imuakahuku
33311710 wrote:
OK, not exactly true. But making the migration to Cougar Corner. After getting the word "IDIOT" censored repeatedly at that other place, thought I'd give this a shot. Nice to see some familiar faces around here. So what's it like over here?




Mostly quiet since "certain" posters haven't followed. :D



Great smiley's !!!!
B
BYUROCKS
It is fun over hear, we don't have the bloody trolls :evil: :evil:
J
jonnylingo
The discussion at cougarblue is dying down as well as most have migrated over here.
F
Florwood
Relatively polite and mature. We do have Mars here to make sure things stay spicy. In a good way.
Advertisement
S
SactoCoug
Another convert to CougarCorner and looking forward to it. The whole "idiot" issue on CB pushed me over the edge. Props to those who started CougarCorner.
C
cachevalleycougar
I actually think the "idiot" thing on CB was funny. Wouldn't it be great if everytime you typed in "idiot" here it came up as Steed, and everytime you typed in "illogically grasping at straws to make inane points" it came up as Airwolf?



:P
G
Guest
cachevalleycougar wrote:
I actually think the "idiot" thing on CB was funny. Wouldn't it be great if everytime you typed in "idiot" here it came up as Steed, and everytime you typed in "illogically grasping at straws to make inane points" it came up as Airwolf?



:P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :munch:
A
AmmonCougar1
Okay, call me an idiot but though I was a frequent reader and casual poster on C-blue I'm and completely in the dark on the idiot thing as well as certain of our now C-Corner posters who were banned over there while Steed was allowed to run rampant. Anyone care to fill me in please. I'd gladly accept the cliff's notes version...



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
CAFB_04-12
Basically the moderators/owners of CougarBlue, at some point, decided to change the code of the website to make any instance of the word "idiot" appear as "genius." Actually, I don't know that the operators of that website did it or if it was an outside hack. I think it came out of the number of posts calling Steed and his many iterations idiots for their inane postings.



There used to be a thread on here by Kiwi about his experience at CB. Most everyone else that had been banned/warned by CB posted their experiences there.



I have personally gotten tired of reading snippy postings by guys with 10 or fewer posts there calling long-time users morons. It just sounds like a bunch of 16 year-olds that don't really know what they're talking about. I still visit CB now and then just to see if there is anything new, but since most of the long-time posters have migrated here I visit less often these days. Still, old habits are hard to break.
Advertisement
N
northerncougar
After 5 years and over 1300 posts on CB, I gave up about 2 months ago. It took me about a month to break the habit, but now I don't miss it. I was the one on CB a couple of years ago that started a grass roots effort at getting everyone to stop commenting on Airwolf's posts, and it worked, getting him to stop posting nearly as much.



I tried the same with Steed in August but was ignored and knew that I couldn't spend any more time where his kind were allowed to run free. I love different points of view, and I find I learn a ton that way and often learn new things, but all that Steed cared about was mocking Bronco and being a divisive, bitter voice on what used to be a great place to discuss Cougar Football.



I love CougarCorner and hope that the trolls will continue to be kept away.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.