dmcougar wrote:
It is very interesting how folks are just not as excited about RN as they were about JH. Not all, but, it's almost like the stock market where pricing is determined by expectations.
At one level, this is kind of sad for RN that some are hamstringing him. At another level, it's probably much more reasonable.
Agree. Fans are too worried about the Greek economy and economic issues surfacing in Spain and Italy. But, to be clear, I think Riley will play well, barring injury, and lead this team through a fun and exciting season. He will probably High Five Touchdown Jesus or do something spontaneous and hilarious - because he is spontaneous.
I fully expect Riley Nelson to be one of my favorite BYU QBs by season end - I am just not expecting a Heisman Trophy, NC, BCS Bowl, Undefeated Season, NFL Career, etc., - although all things are certainly possible. I expected the same or less going into 1984. Seriously. Imagine if 1984 had played out all season on ESPN. Just imagine. The most magical seasons are the ones that were least expected.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">