Archived Topic

BSU Preview

by scott715 · 6/25/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
http://deepshadesofblue.com/summer-sneak-peak-byu-vs-bsu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



They are replacing 16 starters including the QB. The backup QB is a junior and completed 74% of his passes. QB might not be their weakspot this season.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
I'm not worried about our defense.



I'm worried about our offense and don't see us putting up many points.



BSU has a better coach. They'll come better prepared. It's in their house and they'll want to make a statement as we start this new "rivalry."



We'll come in hot, but we're so high strung that after the first mistake the wheels will come off. I suspect a close game and in the end the offense just won't be able to get it done.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Gunk wrote:
I'm not worried about our defense.



I'm worried about our offense and don't see us putting up many points.



BSU has a better coach. They'll come better prepared. It's in their house and they'll want to make a statement as we start this new "rivalry."



We'll come in hot, but we're so high strung that after the first mistake the wheels will come off. I suspect a close game and in the end the offense just won't be able to get it done.


Defense will be very good - but give up 2-3 really big plays and fail to create turnovers. Offense will struggle to protect QB and open up holes.



Special teams will be inconsistent. Kicking game will struggle.



Pretty much like the Utah game. BYU will fall short.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
YNot
scott715 wrote:
http://www.idahopress.com/sports/boise/bsf-football/article_7ccd27aa-022b-11e2-a143-0019bb2963f4.html



How will our defense do?


I think you will see something in between the Michigan State performance and Boise's explosion last week against Miami of Ohio, but closer to the Michigan State performance. It's not because Michigan State's defense is that much better than BYU's - it's BSU's third game versus first game for a new QB and developing offense and at BSU's home instead of road.



BSU will have about 300 yards offense. 225-250 in the air and 50-75 on the ground. 17-23 points.



Whether BYU's offense can consistently move the ball and put it in the endzone will be the key. (Duh!?) I think they can. 24-31 points for the Cougars.



Crowd will be a factor, but not remotely as much as the Ewete game. The number of BYU fans at the game will surprise, especially as a percentage in a smaller stadium. I wouldn't be surprise if 25% of the stadium (8-9K) is wearing BYU blue.
S
scott715
My friend and I will be there.
S
scott715
Almost time for the game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.