after hearing him read the news for KSL the last month or so, my opinion of him has not changed. He still sucks. BYU could have gotten much better for the BYU-tv broadcasts. That is all.
1
1967cougar
I could not disagree more. I've been a McCann fan for years. He should have gotten the spot of that putz TK has on KSL. But it's okay to disagree because all of us are special in our very own ways!
C
Cougs_Rule
My take is slightly different. I didn't really care for him as a sports caster. Couldn't ever put my finger on why. Now I know. He is a much better news anchor than a sports guy. I like him as a news anchor. And he is not better than TK on sports. I'm not a huge TK fan, but he has the zing. DM has a more steady, level approach.
A
ABYUFAN
I disagree about the BYU-tv part. he's solid and a non-homer (something that I couldn't do) We want a non-homer on our broadcasts to appeal to a broader base
D
Dwight
I like Dave McCann. Fans of other schools that tune into BYUtv appreciate the "non homer" coverage. My cousin is a Baylor alumni. He had only great things to say about BYUtv after the BBall game. I really hope the church is getting what they wanted out of BYUtv. I myself have been proud of BYUtv and think it represents the church well.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
My biggest problem with McCann is that he doesn't know either sport. If I were Fowler or Cleveland or any other color person that works with him, I'd spend half the game looking at him wondering what's going on. He seems to know football a little better than basketball, but not much more.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
I have only heard positive things about him. He really seems like a hard-worker, and a professional.
B
BroncoBot
Definitely better than most mtn. announcers.
And I like that he's not too big a'homer. Nothing worse than tuning in to a game and have to hear the away team announcer talk about how every call is bad if it goes against "his" team.
Y
Y4LYFE
Dave is BYUtv's Greg Wrubell-lite. He should be host for years to come.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.