Archived Topic

Big East to make a run at the Y?

by scott715 · 6/22/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2012/6/21/3104913/college-footballs-new-postseason-format-whats-it-mean-for-the-big-east" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Put The Full Court Press Back On BYU - Notre Dame was at the negotiations today. I haven't heard a word about BYU. The Big East could use one more shot in the arm for football and I suspect BYU knows that scheduling is going to becoming increasingly difficult in the future. It will certainly be hard for BYU to schedule well enough to play its way into the playoff. BYU gives the conference a football name, balances the divisions geographically, and would increase the chances of an undefeated champion finding its way into the top 4 (not to mention enriching a future television contract). Obviously, the Big East can't give away the farm to BYU like BYU requested last time, but, whatever concessions can reasonably be made should be made to make the deal happen."
C
Cougarbib
SDSU AD previously linked that the new TV contract will be stronger than experts have assumed and even more so with BYU and that BYU will get an improved offer as soon as the TV contract is ready to go. So the question is not IF, but WHEN.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I think they mean to make the 3rd run at BYU. Big East has already made 2.



Only way BYU joins the Big East is if:

1) Notre Dame stays in for Oly sports

2) TV Contract is right( Not just the $$$, but the who. Comcast kills it)

3) BYU gets tier 3 rights, and rebroadcast rights for BYUtv.

4) Get out of jail free card. If ND, UCONN, UL or others bail, BYU can leave without penalty.



I understand that BYU should not make tough demands with the Big XII. The BIg East is not the Big XII. If they want BYU, make them work for it.



Personally, I am torn on this one. The Big East has some legit teams and I would like to have that Thanksgiving weekend game with BSU and a shot at a conference Champ game, but not enough great teams to be honest. I would like the hoops affiliation for sure, especially if UCONN and Louisville stay. However, if the BE gets raided again, forget it.
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib2 wrote:
SDSU AD previously linked that the new TV contract will be stronger than experts have assumed and even more so with BYU and that BYU will get an improved offer as soon as the TV contract is ready to go. So the question is not IF, but WHEN.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Apparently Jenny Aztec has been telling people about the consequences of having BYU in the conference! :P
G
Guest
Lawboy wrote:
I think they mean to make the 3rd run at BYU. Big East has already made 2.



Only way BYU joins the Big East is if:

1) Notre Dame stays in for Oly sports

2) TV Contract is right( Not just the $$$, but the who. Comcast kills it)

3) BYU gets tier 3 rights, and rebroadcast rights for BYUtv.

4) Get out of jail free card. If ND, UCONN, UL or others bail, BYU can leave without penalty.



I understand that BYU should not make tough demands with the Big XII. The BIg East is not the Big XII. If they want BYU, make them work for it.



Personally, I am torn on this one. The Big East has some legit teams and I would like to have that Thanksgiving weekend game with BSU and a shot at a conference Champ game, but not enough great teams to be honest. I would like the hoops affiliation for sure, especially if UCONN and Louisville stay. However, if the BE gets raided again, forget it.


This.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
When I read the title of the thread the first time, I thought that maybe Big east teams might come to Prove to run up to the Y like the cougar football team does. :lol:
S
SpiffCoug
I think BYU is looking for a football only home.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.