Archived Topic

Request for those on Direct Communications in EM...

by Ungoy · 6/21/2012

Advertisement
U
Ungoy
I have a request for anyone here living in Eagle Mountain who use Direct Communications for their internet service. Please go to http://testmy.net and do a download speed test. Change the server to west coast before you do. Afterward, post your results here.



I ask this, because from the time I first signed up with Direct Communications a year ago until yesterday, I never got consistent speeds, and they were in fact worse than poor. After months of complaining to them, they did an upgrade to their switches over the past two nights, and since then, for me at least, my speeds have bee stellar. I haven't dropped below 20 mbps since the maintenance.



I'm curious if others are getting similarly good speeds as well. When I get home from work, I'll post my results.



Thanks.
U
Ungoy
Here are my current results from my tests



http://testmy.net/cHzlJdP.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



I sign up with them for their 20 down 2 up package. I am just curious if those who also use Direct Communications are seeing the speeds they subscribe to.



Thanks.
G
Guest
My results as of 10 seconds ago.







Much better than what I normally have been getting, but I've never had the troubles you've had either. Of course, this is my first time using testmy.net, and I've previously been using speedtest.net and other sites, but I have typically been in the 15mb range.
U
Ungoy
I'm specifically using testmy.net because before yesterday, I would get 2-3 mbps max from the download test there. I have been using it as a gauge of more real world performance.



It would seem that they have this sorted out finally. It took me over 6 months of complaining, tracking and graphing my speeds before they looked at their equipment. Glad to see that it seems to have paid off.



Just as a reference point, this is what I was seeing before they fixed their switches:



https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5989324/speedtest-2012-05-21.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



This is what I see today. The only drop was from when I was streaming 1080p video from Amazon.com



https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5989324/speedtest-2012-06-21.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Anyway, thanks for your post Hawkwing. It seems to corroborate what I'm seeing on my end, which is consistent speeds. Good stuff.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.