Archived Topic

Realistically Speaking

by Cougarbib · 6/18/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
The 2012 BYU Football Defense - Should be very good - better than the solid 2011 defense - on a par with U recent defensive prowess. I do not think this is a Blue-Goggled, Kool-Aid drenched projection. It is realistic.



The linebacking corp will be the strongest and deepest BYU has ever fielded. I can feel that coming. The DBs will be better than BYU typically fields and at least as good as we fielded in 2011 - probably better. DL has some things to prove. I will have a better feel for this after Fall Camp. At worst, there should only be a small drop off here - main worry being depth. At worst.



Now - before anyone starts to wonder exactly what The Whine Bibster has been drinking - We B Talking about The DEFENSE.



Special Teams should also be slightly improved - more consistency resulting from more experience. Realistically.



Offense: Let me get back to you on this for an overall projection. Receivers should be one of the best units BYU had ever fielded. Really. Depth is good too. QB will be improved barring injury - that being a big assumption. If an injury to Nelson comes early - think 2010. If it comes very late - BYU will be fine. TE - I won't know until sometime in September what we have. FB, RB, OL - see TE. Same Story. Realistically.



There you have it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dwight
Will the WSU game be the test of the sedondary? Will Bronco's emphasis be on disruptive blitzing, or stellar pass coverage?



With two tough road games coming up (Utah and Boise St), will Bronco and Doman try not to show their cards against WSU? Does the team have the maturity to focus on Boise St regardless of a win or loss against Utah?



I can't wait to see! I was a victim of off season dreaming last year. I am cautious in my optimism this year.
R
redneckjedi
Dwight wrote:
Will the WSU game be the test of the sedondary? Will Bronco's emphasis be on disruptive blitzing, or stellar pass coverage?.


I hope it's both; I want to see Samson flashing his guns again after another sack! :evil:
M
mizzoucoug
TE is a guaranteed weakness.



I am interested to see if our FS can tackle. Uale was an okay player, but man he couldn't make tackles when it mattered in the run game. If he could we would have beaten UT last year.
M
Mars
Dwight wrote:
Will the WSU game be the test of the sedondary? Will Bronco's emphasis be on disruptive blitzing, or stellar pass coverage?

I'm told that he is focusing on bending, and only sometimes breaking, while getting little pass rush and few turnovers. :bug:
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Mars wrote:
Will the WSU game be the test of the sedondary? Will Bronco's emphasis be on disruptive blitzing, or stellar pass coverage?

I'm told that he is focusing on bending, and only sometimes breaking, while getting little pass rush and few turnovers. :bug:


I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.
M
Mars
Gunk wrote:
I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.

Nope. He is focusing on us, not them.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.

Nope. He is focusing on us, not them.

He's planning on executing at a higher level than us.
C
Cougarbib
What with me usually being the cynical one - and it not being clear who hit the TIC button, back to the OP - I know I inadvertently high jack nearly every thread - what do you realistically think about the 2012 football team - by position group.



The schedule will be tougher. The defense will be slightly better at least. Same for Special Teams. Receivers will be great. Lots of ? marks and asterisks for the rest of the offense relative to talent, experience, depth, or potential for injury.



Defense and ST will do their part. Can the offense exceed the relatively low expectations this season?



And, are the coaches prepared for big-time coaches on the opposite sidelines and for road games as the underdogs?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:
I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.
Nope. He is focusing on us, not them.
He's planning on executing at a higher level than us.

Ex-act-ly.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
hawkwing wrote:
Gunk wrote:
I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.

Nope. He is focusing on us, not them.

He's planning on executing at a higher level than us.


Maybe he needs to execute those who don't perform at a higher level...
R
redneckjedi
Florwood wrote:
Mars wrote:
I heard he's planning on executing at a higher lever than our opponent.

Nope. He is focusing on us, not them.

He's planning on executing at a higher level than us.


Maybe he needs to execute those who don't perform at a higher level...


Maybe we should shift focus to our opponents, and execute them?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.