Archived Topic

Looking On The Bright Side Of U and BSU Jam

by Cougarbib · 6/15/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
ThiS has been discussed. Brutal timing with only 5 days between two of our toughest games this season - and both are on the road.



But I have placed an * by these games on my schedule.



They are road games, indeed. But the road is very short - as it should be. And it is a short week.

Seems like a great time to take that quick jaunt up the I 15 from Las Vegas to Provo to drive past The Y and LES, Kiss The Blarney Stone - oops - wrong week for the stone - drive 45 miles to the Rice Paddy - hope my best friend's wife lets me have her seat on the 50 yard line - celebrate the Win without outwardly gloating - visit family and friends for a few days - get back on the I 15 and drive 3-4 hours to watch and celebrate that win - outwardly gloating this time - and then retrace my steps including that Y drive-by and kissing The Cougar Statue at LES - hopefully the Cartel will put an asterisk on their calendar to remind them to guard that Coygar that week. U Red or BSU Blue / Orange do not look good on The BYU Cougar!



Anybody interested in organizing a Caravan. It could start in So. Cal - Pass through Las Vegas - with feeder streams from SD, OC, LA, VC, RC, and San Bernardino joined by feeds coming up from AZ and NM joining a huge I80 Feed from No Cal, Reno, Tahoe, and Idaho from the West and StuckInBig10 country from the East.



BYU flags on every car.



CC should sponsor and organize it. If they do - I am in - including all of us driving through the Provo McDonalds Drive Through



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Hawkwing and I are still planning on a road trip for the Boise game!
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Hawkwing and I are still planning on a road trip for the Boise game!

And, I presume a short trip to SLC as well? We just need everyone else to gather from the four corners of the world.



In a previous life - I co-owned a music store In Boise. Great town back in 1980 or so.



I hope I make it up there. Now - about those tickets????



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
A Thursday night game is a problem for me. The kids are in school and I would want to hit the fireside the night before. I guess I can leave Wednesday afternoon in time for the fireside and use one of my three personal leave days on Thursday.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Hawkwing and I are still planning on a road trip for the Boise game!

Me too friend, me too.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:
Hawkwing and I are still planning on a road trip for the Boise game!

Me too friend, me too.

Sweet!
D
Dwight
I will be taking advantage of the opportunity to eat some of my favorite pizza at the Flying Pie Pizzeria. Hopefully that will be the 2nd best part of the trip, and not a consolation prize.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
Cougarbib2 wrote:
ThiS has been discussed. Brutal timing with only 5 days between two of our toughest games this season - and both are on the road.



But I have placed an * by these games on my schedule.



They are road games, indeed. But the road is very short - as it should be. And it is a short week.

Seems like a great time to take that quick jaunt up the I 15 from Las Vegas to Provo to drive past The Y and LES, Kiss The Blarney Stone - oops - wrong week for the stone - drive 45 miles to the Rice Paddy - hope my best friend's wife lets me have her seat on the 50 yard line - celebrate the Win without outwardly gloating - visit family and friends for a few days - get back on the I 15 and drive 3-4 hours to watch and celebrate that win - outwardly gloating this time - and then retrace my steps including that Y drive-by and kissing The Cougar Statue at LES - hopefully the Cartel will put an asterisk on their calendar to remind them to guard that Coygar that week. U Red or BSU Blue / Orange do not look good on The BYU Cougar!



Anybody interested in organizing a Caravan. It could start in So. Cal - Pass through Las Vegas - with feeder streams from SD, OC, LA, VC, RC, and San Bernardino joined by feeds coming up from AZ and NM joining a huge I80 Feed from No Cal, Reno, Tahoe, and Idaho from the West and StuckInBig10 country from the East.



BYU flags on every car.



CC should sponsor and organize it. If they do - I am in - including all of us driving through the Provo McDonalds Drive Through



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bib I think each of us on cougarcorner will give you permission to outwardly gloat to your hearts content--in fact outward gloating would be appropriate.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.