Archived Topic

New at LES: Permanent Bench Seat Backs

by HoosierCougar · 6/14/2012

Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
Interesting marketing concept:

http://www.byuseats.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



will you pony up?



Benefits they highlight for the $35 fee:

CLEARLY DEFINES SEAT

COMFORTABLE & CONVENIENT

MAKES A GREAT GIFT FOR FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER

NO MORE NEIGHBOR SITTING HALF-WAY ON YOUR SEAT

NO MORE SITTING ON A WET, COLD BENCH

PERMANENTLY ATTACHED TO YOUR SEAT & WAITING FOR YOU PRIOR TO KICK-OFF



My own thoughts:

Similar concept at Nebraska is $10/game or $70/season

This will add a blueness to the bench seating areas (at least when Hollister-wearing sophomores aren't sitting down in front of them), but I digress.

It may still be wet, but there's less for me to wipe off and water won't run down the bench to where I've already dried.
M
Mars


Personally I like them. The metal benches are hard and cold, and LES is filled with fat, inconsiderate people (like all sporting events everywhere).
B
bsmith457
Personally I like them. The metal benches are hard and cold, and LES is filled with fat, inconsiderate people (like all sporting events everywhere).



Sound to me that you are one of these inconsiderate fans for posting something like that on here.
B
bsmith457
Personally I like them. The metal benches are hard and cold, and LES is filled with fat, inconsiderate people (like all sporting events everywhere).



Sound to me that you are one of these inconsiderate fans for posting something like that on here.
B
bsmith457
Personally I like them. The metal benches are hard and cold, and LES is filled with fat, inconsiderate people (like all sporting events everywhere).



Sound to me that you are one of these inconsiderate fans for posting something like that on here.
Advertisement
M
Mars
bsmith457 wrote:
Sound to me that you are one of these inconsiderate fans for posting something like that on here.

Bravo on your first 3 posts! Don't worry, you'll figure it out soon.
B
byucougar1
Same 3 posts = Vain repetitions :-)
S
Schmoe
It sure is inconsiderate to point out that fans take up more seat space than they should. Geez Mars!
B
billbillbillbill
We have paid for this the last 2 seasons and it is very much worth it. They zip tie the seats to the bench so they don't move all season and they are more comfortable than the seats I used to lug from home.
C
Cougarbib
Probably a good idea - butt, between being cheap, letting others use my season tickets a lot, and not getting around to it - I probably won't sign up.



I am glad to see BYU make things like this available and I think they will be popular.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Mars wrote:


Personally I like them. The metal benches are hard and cold, and LES is filled with fat, inconsiderate people (like all sporting events everywhere).


I'd rather sit next to the fat man than behind the skinny guy that feels he can lean back as far as he wants because he has the flimsy BYU chair seat. I always make sure to establish my knee early and often (within the confines of my row) when someone sits down in one of these in front of me.



The old plastic ones that you could rent per game were much better (for the people behind you at least)
F
Florwood
As others have indicated, not new. I had them last year too, $40/7 games. Have to cut expenses so will bring my own this year. but they were comfortable and best of all, blue.
G
Gunk
I'd do it if I lived in Provo.



For $35, though, can't you buy your own? Course, that might entail getting to the game a bit early so you can lay claim to your 18" of bench before the students try to cram an extra friend or two with them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.