Archived Topic

Jabari to be on Good Morning America tomorrow 6/14/12

by srcougar · 6/13/2012

Advertisement
B
BYULV
I liked the story, but it was so limited in actually interviewing Jabari. It did not give any new insights, did not complete the storylines they started and seemed more interested in Katie Couric's experience with Jabari than anything about JP.



Ps: I was never for or against Katie Couric's as a journalist, but after that interview and her identifying the church as "the Church of Latter Day Saints", I am not a fan. It is basic journalism to get the name of organizations correct, especially if you're standing in front of a sign that says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."
S
Schmoe
BYULV wrote:

Ps: I was never for or against Katie Couric's as a journalist, but after that interview and her identifying the church as "the Church of Latter Day Saints", I am not a fan. It is basic journalism to get the name of organizations correct, especially if you're standing in front of a sign that says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."


I thought the exact same thing. It really rubbed me the wrong way.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
I liked the story, but it was so limited in actually interviewing Jabari. It did not give any new insights, did not complete the storylines they started and seemed more interested in Katie Couric's experience with Jabari than anything about JP.



Ps: I was never for or against Katie Couric's as a journalist, but after that interview and her identifying the church as "the Church of Latter Day Saints", I am not a fan. It is basic journalism to get the name of organizations correct, especially if you're standing in front of a sign that says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."

May have been intentional. Many think we are not Christians and may have a hard time uttering the Saviors Name as part of our name. And, if intentional - maybe her - maybe someone running a TelePrompter. But such is the Media. Misuse of power or incompetence - neither is worthy of respect.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
She did in an effort to shorten the name. Either that or she wasn't comfortable saying the whole name.



Both show horrible journalism...course there isn't much of a standard to go off of these days with the likes of Jon Stewart being considered a "journalist."
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Gunk wrote:
She did in an effort to shorten the name. Either that or she wasn't comfortable saying the whole name.



Both show horrible journalism...course there isn't much of a standard to go off of these days with the likes of Jon Stewart being considered a "journalist."


Except not too long ago ABC was putting Their entire broadcast journalism reputation in her hands as the anchor of the evening news (so I guess you're right, not much of a standard to go by). The lead up to the interview and the interview itself left a lot to be desired. I think I learned more about Katie Couric than I did about Jabari Parker.
D
Ddawg
BYULV wrote:
She did in an effort to shorten the name. Either that or she wasn't comfortable saying the whole name.



Both show horrible journalism...course there isn't much of a standard to go off of these days with the likes of Jon Stewart being considered a "journalist."


Except not too long ago ABC was putting Their entire broadcast journalism reputation in her hands as the anchor of the evening news (so I guess you're right, not much of a standard to go by). The lead up to the interview and the interview itself left a lot to be desired. I think I learned more about Katie Couric than I did about Jabari Parker.


Is there any doubt about the size of Katie Couric's ego? Certainly she views herself as the center of the universe. The person she is interviewing is secondary to her fame and exposure. Blah, blah, blah ......
B
Brayden Green
Yeah... Jon Stewart isn't considered a journalist... He actually has some really good talks and insights about it.



Jon Stewart is also brilliant, and pretty darn funny. This coming from a mormon libertarian (I don't like Ron Paul. I can't wait til I can type "libertarian" without having to automatically separate myself from that nutbag. :) )
G
Gunk
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Yeah... Jon Stewart isn't considered a journalist... He actually has some really good talks and insights about it.



Jon Stewart is also brilliant, and pretty darn funny. This coming from a mormon libertarian (I don't like Ron Paul. I can't wait til I can type "libertarian" without having to automatically separate myself from that nutbag. :) )


He is brilliant and funny, no question. Colbert as well. But, they certainly play to a specific audience and neither are journalists.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.