Archived Topic

What was harder to watch last Saturday?

by ProV1 · 11/9/2009

Advertisement
P
ProV1
regarding #4: I like Nelson. He had 71 rushing yards even when everyone knew the QB draw was obviously coming...but he still made it work. But I was hoping to see him throw, to see what he could do. He seemed overly antsy in the pocket (even with minimal pressure) and his one throw was picked. Can we watch a full season of that next year?
G
Guest
Pryor -- I swear it looked like they had given a kid with two left arms a football for the first time ever and said throw it! The guy was overshooting receivers by 10 yards, under throwing them by 10. He was everywhere but where the receivers were. It was embarrassing to watch.
E
EM_Puma
Quit picking on my Buckeyes. He had a pass of 62 yards to Posey. I don't think that should make it too hard to watch. He's not famous for his passing by the way.



On the rest of the questions I'd say it was a toss up.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
Pryor -- I swear it looked like they had given a kid with two left arms a football for the first time ever and said throw it! The guy was overshooting receivers by 10 yards, under throwing them by 10. He was everywhere but where the receivers were. It was embarrassing to watch.


You say "Pryor," but based upon the fact that there are still zero votes for Pryor, I'm guessing your mouse, like mine, couldn't resist voting for Weiss. I just can't pass up an opportunity to laugh at Weiss's fatdom. I mean, how many other coaches are so big they have smaller coaches orbiting them?
E
EM_Puma
On the issue of Utah doing anything, I've taken a different attitude of late on that. The same goes for Boise State.



Because for myself as a fan I want to see the MWC become a BCS conference and have an automatic bid (I still believe that the BCS administration will change the qualifying rules before the MWC has a chance to qualify, which they appear to be doing, as long as BYU beats Utah, I don't have any problem with Utah winning their games and being ranked in the top 25. I don't want them to beat TCU this week because I think the money and the prestige that the MWC will get is better for us for TCU to win, regardless if that shuts the door on a MWC co-championship for us. We had our opportunity and didn't take care of it on the field, so now I want TCU to make it and BYU will reap the money that will flow into our pockets from having a MWC team in the BCS and the conference will benefit, which benefits us.



As long as Boise stays behind TCU, let them win and be ranked as high as possible since I have to believe that if we allow them MWC admision in 2012 (or thereabouts) for the sake of the boost it will give the MWC due to their BCS finishes, it could close the door behind us in qualifying for a BCS automatic qualification.



So while it doesn't hurt me when Utah loses, and in this case for this year I especially hope they lose to TCU, I want them to rank as high as possible because I'm being selfish and I want the auto-qualification.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Since my attention is on BYU, I voted for Riley.



Listen, I know the kid can run. Great. But do we want to run an option-spread next year? With him, that is what it will need to be because he is a horrible passer right now. At least, based upon what we have seen he is. I love his playmaking skills, but wish he used his arm more to let other guys make the plays. He is s Corbin Louks type based upon what I have seen.
C
cachevalleycougar
My first impulse was to pick #2, but then I realized it was actually A LOT OF FUN to watch ND's inability to stop the run. It's never fun to look at Weiss (although listening to his plethora of excuses following losses is amusing), but I had to go with Riley. What a waste of a quarter and a half of game time...so much for preparing to take over the helm in the future, Riley!
W
wazzucoug97
snoscythe wrote:
Pryor -- I swear it looked like they had given a kid with two left arms a football for the first time ever and said throw it! The guy was overshooting receivers by 10 yards, under throwing them by 10. He was everywhere but where the receivers were. It was embarrassing to watch.


You say "Pryor," but based upon the fact that there are still zero votes for Pryor, I'm guessing your mouse, like mine, couldn't resist voting for Weiss. I just can't pass up an opportunity to laugh at Weiss's fatdom. I mean, how many other coaches are so big they have smaller coaches orbiting them?


Didn't yewtah have a basket ball coach that fit that profile? :lol:
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Pryor -- I swear it looked like they had given a kid with two left arms a football for the first time ever and said throw it! The guy was overshooting receivers by 10 yards, under throwing them by 10. He was everywhere but where the receivers were. It was embarrassing to watch.


You say "Pryor," but based upon the fact that there are still zero votes for Pryor, I'm guessing your mouse, like mine, couldn't resist voting for Weiss. I just can't pass up an opportunity to laugh at Weiss's fatdom. I mean, how many other coaches are so big they have smaller coaches orbiting them?


You have found me out. I myself am a man of much girth :lol: , but there is just something about Weiss that makes him look so incredibly ridiculous :sick: it's not even funny. Maybe he should hit the gym? :P
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.