C
CougarbibSomeone on another thread mentioned that the offensive players, and especially the QBs get all the glory. That is probably true - although they also get a disproportionate share of crap too. Maybe this thread should have said best non QB ever and then Staley and and Oates, etc., might make the list. But let's focus on defense.
KVN has been mentioned - I think prematurely.
Who else is there? Any storied NFL Dick Butkus types? NFL or conference defensive MVPs?
Any player of the year for their NFL team or at least defensive POY?
#1 player taken in draft or at least 1st defensive player taken?
We have had some award winners drafted early - Jason Buck comes to mind.
If we included offensive line - a trophy winner or two might show up.
I may be overlooking someone - but has BYU ever had a defensive player of that caliber.
OK - let's blow it open.
Other than Jim, Steve, and TY - what players on offense or defense won prestigious awards and / or got drafted early first round and / Or had franchise player seasons on offense or defense, Super Bowl MVP, etc.
I think this is a very short list. We are QB U.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
KVN has been mentioned - I think prematurely.
Who else is there? Any storied NFL Dick Butkus types? NFL or conference defensive MVPs?
Any player of the year for their NFL team or at least defensive POY?
#1 player taken in draft or at least 1st defensive player taken?
We have had some award winners drafted early - Jason Buck comes to mind.
If we included offensive line - a trophy winner or two might show up.
I may be overlooking someone - but has BYU ever had a defensive player of that caliber.
OK - let's blow it open.
Other than Jim, Steve, and TY - what players on offense or defense won prestigious awards and / or got drafted early first round and / Or had franchise player seasons on offense or defense, Super Bowl MVP, etc.
I think this is a very short list. We are QB U.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

