S
scott715Archived Topic
Athlon has us #39
by scott715 · 6/9/2012
Advertisement
C
CougarbibAnd #2 as an Independent. Without coming right out and saying it - seems to be predicting a BYU loss in South Bend. Most analysts without Blue Goggles will predict that, if not all of them.
But - I love under-dogs. Go Cougs
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
But - I love under-dogs. Go Cougs
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
C
Cougs_RuleAnd if we beat ND, there will be an asterisk by the W? ;)
C
Cougarbibdmcougar wrote:
And if we beat ND, there will be an asterisk by the W? ;)
A very big one in my book. It will be a huge upset win worthy of the following *.
The Bibster had gone on record as saying it is stupid to give 2 for 1 and 1 and done advantage or even un-neutral field advantage to anyone. Thus, in The Bibster's book of records, this game already has an * for a game that should never have been scheduled.
So - if we win it - it will need a double asterisk or an exclamation point after the asterisk or {*} or something really big.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
D
DdawgCougarbib2 wrote:
And #2 as an Independent. Without coming right out and saying it - seems to be predicting a BYU loss in South Bend. Most analysts without Blue Goggles will predict that, if not all of them.
But - I love under-dogs. Go Cougs
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I would agree that BYU will be an underdog to Notre Dame, Oct. 20th. I would think by 10-12 pts.
That said, I am looking for an upset. We have the experienced QB, receivers, and strong Defense. The outstanding LB corps will keep a lid on the Irish running game, and force them to beat us through the air - which they can do. Still, I am expecting a very big game out of the Coug's in South Bend.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10countrySounds about right
D
DwightDisclosure: I am a blue goggled booster fan that doesn't know much about football.
Athlon doesn't have any idea how frustrating all three losses likely were for BYU last year. BYU could have beat Texas, and should have beat TCU, and the players know it. The Utah game has probably been workout motivation all off season. I think that most of the players and coaches feel like there is much to prove, and are thankful that the team is mostly intact to do it. After the TCU game I got a feeling that BYU would be headed for a long winning streak.This team has been through a lot together and hopefully has grown as a result. I may be dilusional. I know they are underdogs in 4 of their games, but it is not like they are going to play USC this year. I will still be a blue goggled fan even if they loose all four of those games. 8)
Athlon doesn't have any idea how frustrating all three losses likely were for BYU last year. BYU could have beat Texas, and should have beat TCU, and the players know it. The Utah game has probably been workout motivation all off season. I think that most of the players and coaches feel like there is much to prove, and are thankful that the team is mostly intact to do it. After the TCU game I got a feeling that BYU would be headed for a long winning streak.This team has been through a lot together and hopefully has grown as a result. I may be dilusional. I know they are underdogs in 4 of their games, but it is not like they are going to play USC this year. I will still be a blue goggled fan even if they loose all four of those games. 8)
S
SpiffCougDwight wrote:
Disclosure: I am a blue goggled booster fan that doesn't know much about football.
Athlon doesn't have any idea how frustrating all three losses likely were for BYU last year. BYU could have beat Texas, and should have beat TCU, and the players know it. The Utah game has probably been workout motivation all off season. I think that most of the players and coaches feel like there is much to prove, and are thankful that the team is mostly intact to do it. After the TCU game I got a feeling that BYU would be headed for a long winning streak.This team has been through a lot together and hopefully has grown as a result. I may be dilusional. I know they are underdogs in 4 of their games, but it is not like they are going to play USC this year. I will still be a blue goggled fan even if they loose all four of those games. 8)
I'd have switched your conditional verbs with Texas and TCU. BYU should have beat Texas and could have beat TCU.
D
DwightYes. I stand corrected.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
C
CougarbibSpiffCoug wrote:Disclosure: I am a blue goggled booster fan that doesn't know much about football.
Athlon doesn't have any idea how frustrating all three losses likely were for BYU last year. BYU could have beat Texas, and should have beat TCU, and the players know it. The Utah game has probably been workout motivation all off season. I think that most of the players and coaches feel like there is much to prove, and are thankful that the team is mostly intact to do it. After the TCU game I got a feeling that BYU would be headed for a long winning streak.This team has been through a lot together and hopefully has grown as a result. I may be dilusional. I know they are underdogs in 4 of their games, but it is not like they are going to play USC this year. I will still be a blue goggled fan even if they loose all four of those games. 8)
I'd have switched your conditional verbs with Texas and TCU. BYU should have beat Texas and could have beat TCU.
It would have been sweet if instead of giving TCU a 1 and done on an un-neutral field, we had gotten home-and-away as it should be. It would be sweet to have them coming to Provo this year.
Same for Texas. Should never have scheduled the 1 and done.
The ole Miss one worked out OK - barely. Speaking of OK, the OK one worked out OK too - barely.
So if we like going 500 - schedule 1 and done every week.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

