Archived Topic

Florida State - Seminole Scheduling Misfortunes

by YNot · 6/8/2012

Advertisement
Y
YNot
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/08/noles-might-get-hosed-again-on-2013-schedule/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I hope Tom Holmoe is on the phone with the Florida State AD right now getting the Seminoles back on the BYU schedule.



Florida State lost a 2012-13 home-and-home series with West Virginia when the Mountaineers bolted to the Big XII. Nevada is now planning to cancel a a 2013 road trip to Tallahassee. FSU filled the 2012 schedule hole with an FCS opponent; I doubt they want to do that again (they already have Wofford in 2013 and The Citadel in 2014). So, let's get FSU back on the schedule for 2013 and 2014.
C
Cougarbib
YNot wrote:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/08/noles-might-get-hosed-again-on-2013-schedule/



I hope Tom Holmoe is on the phone with the Florida State AD right now getting the Seminoles back on the BYU schedule.



Florida State lost a 2012-13 home-and-home series with West Virginia when the Mountaineers bolted to the Big XII. Nevada is now planning to cancel a a 2013 road trip to Tallahassee. FSU filled the 2012 schedule hole with an FCS opponent; I doubt they want to do that again (they already have Wofford in 2013 and The Citadel in 2014). So, let's get FSU back on the schedule for 2013 and 2014.

Why do you doubt they want to do it again? They just did it. Teams back that way love FCS teams so much, it is hard to find an FCS team that is not booked.



They have given us Home and Away before - maybe again. They are not as cowardly as SEC teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
Isola
They could say no, but there is no harm in asking.
I
imuakahuku
I hope we play them again soon. I am sick of losing to them and would like to see Hill or Olsen crush them. Imagine a play Hill to Olsen (a lateral pass) and then Olsen either tucking or tossing to Apo or some other big wr (not Hoff becuase he will probablly be getting first downs for some NFL team by then). And next time they run it Olsen fakes the pass and tears off down the side line, and the third time the run it Olsen passes it back to Hill who faded to the other side of the field and tears off down that sideline! Man backyard football at it's best!! :crazy:
S
scott715
so Crowton is our OC again?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
imuakahuku wrote:
I hope we play them again soon. I am sick of losing to them and would like to see Hill or Olsen crush them. Imagine a play Hill to Olsen (a lateral pass) and then Olsen either tucking or tossing to Apo or some other big wr (not Hoff becuase he will probablly be getting first downs for some NFL team by then). And next time they run it Olsen fakes the pass and tears off down the side line, and the third time the run it Olsen passes it back to Hill who faded to the other side of the field and tears off down that sideline! Man backyard football at it's best!! :crazy:


They could probably do that vs SJSU - Florida State may have too muck speed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Speed and muck do not go well together.
F
Florwood
That would be irritating to them though, for BYU to set up games with them and just have to cancel when we go the B12 too, just like WVU.
D
Ddawg
Great opportunity. Some Cougar vindication perhaps?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.