Archived Topic

MWC Press Conference

by scott715 · 6/5/2012

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Awesome video! Now I'm really curious what they were actually talking about.
S
scott715
It is in Dutch, he went in for an operation for tonsil that messed up his vocal cords. It sounds so funny the interviewer could not help but laugh. It ended his career.
1
1967cougar
scott715 wrote:
It is in Dutch, he went in for an operation for tonsil that messed up his vocal cords. It sounds so funny the interviewer could not help but laugh. It ended his career.

I'd seen that clip a few years ago. I thought the guy had somehow accidently been castrated. Thinking that, it made the clip hilarious. That poor interviewer dude just couldn't control himself every time the man spoke. Neither could I!
Advertisement
Y
YNot
And when the man in the audience starts talking in the deep voice because of vocal chord damage....hilarious! I am still crying!



It appears that the subtitles are accurate...
U
Ungoy
Hilarious. If only the Hair talked like that in real life...



Just so people know, the original Dutch interview was staged. It was done on a Dutch satire show called "In De Gloria".



From Wikipedia (I know not always an accurate source, but still):


A shortened version of the "Boemerang" sketch from the show gained popularity on YouTube. It features a presenter of a serious talk show breaking into fits of giggles after hearing the voice of one of his guests, who spoke in a squeaky manner due to a failed tonsillectomy. The clip is often mistaken for being real, and was showcased on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Star Channel news as being so.



The fictitious laughing presenter "Erik Hartman" is a character played by Tom Van Dyck, a Flemish comedian and actor. The two guests are portrayed by Lucas Van Den Eynde (as Valère) and An Miller (as Marijke). The full version of the sketch shows the Hartman character as a radio DJ looking back upon the giggling incident that had caused him to be fired. Some presenters have noted that people who publicize that it is fake are ruining the humor for people who think the sketch is real.


Still hilarious, and now I don't feel bad for those being laughed at.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.