Archived Topic

Rhen Brown has been given a medical release

by EM_Puma · 5/30/2012

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I started working in a new building this week in my employment with the Church. The bus driver thought I had fallen asleep when I didn't get off the bus at my regular stop for the last four years. I found out I work in the same building he does. He tells me that his mother-in-law was a missionary at Church HDQs and I tell him I remember her. She was the grandmother to Terrance and Rhen Brown. I told him I remember her well and about her connection. He then tells me that he's their father. I just stood there and looked at him. He's been my part-time bus driver for years and he's their father and I never knew it? Wow. I've talked to him a lot over the years and I can't believe that never came up.



He said that Rhen has been given a medical release because of his problem and will not be playing any more. So I guess I was able to confirm that rumor I offered up a couple weeks ago. He told me this just as I was getting off the bus, so I will have to get more from him on what happened and what he's hearing from Terrance.
G
Guest
Tough break for Rhen.



Can't wait to hear what else you learn from Papa Brown.
S
SpiffCoug
That's really too bad. He almost contributed on the field.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
That's really too bad. He almost contributed on the field.

Odds were that he still wouldn't have been a starter and continue to just get spottly opportunities to contribute as you indirectly note, but he would have probably seen a few more plays than his previous years.



Players given medical releases from their scholarship don't count against the scholie count do they?
S
SpiffCoug
I don't think he even got spotty opportunities to contribute. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing him on the field.



Medical releases don't count against the scholarship limit, but they do allow the student to continue having their degree paid for. (Unless you're Nick Martineau ;))
Advertisement
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't think he even got spotty opportunities to contribute. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing him on the field.



Medical releases don't count against the scholarship limit, but they do allow the student to continue having their degree paid for. (Unless you're Nick Martineau ;))


There's no medical release for Foot in Mouth disease.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't think he even got spotty opportunities to contribute. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing him on the field.



Medical releases don't count against the scholarship limit, but they do allow the student to continue having their degree paid for. (Unless you're Nick Martineau ;))


What are you talking about? According to BYUcougars.com, last year he "Played in three games, seeing action against Idaho State, Idaho and New Mexico State" It doesn't get any bigger than that.

;)



He must have been used as a decoy because he doesn't have one reception noted for his "seeing action". I guess a lot of pine sitters "see" a lot of action. Maybe he had a better seat for those 3 games and saw more actions than usual.



I'm interested in asking his father how he actually got hurt so bad that they had to give him a medical release and no one was aware of this injury.
E
EM_Puma
Papa Brown said that Rhen has a torn acetabular labrum that happened in practice late in the season. That, along with the prospects of little playing time during his senior year led to his seaking a medical discharge, which at least frees up a scholie while he gets to continue on at school on a full-ride scholarship.
J
jvquarterback
Torn acetabular tendon? What was he doing?
S
scott715
http://byuroster.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



87 days until opening day. I know he is not on the team but here are some pictures of him.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
EM_Puma wrote:
Papa Brown said that Rhen has a torn acetabular labrum that happened in practice late in the season. That, along with the prospects of little playing time during his senior year led to his seaking a medical discharge, which at least frees up a scholie while he gets to continue on at school on a full-ride scholarship.


Say it in english dude :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.